Yamaha Star Stryker banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
IE is a huge POS. Doesn't surprise me you are having problems. Even microsloth is giving up on it: win10 has a new browser.

Drop it and it's problems for chrome or Firefox.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Anyone having Internet Explorer issues? For the last two weeks I get this message on and off- https://www.dropbox.com/s/nk34wllqy9l2s7g/Screenshot 2015-07-21 00.06.56.png?dl=0

Even at work with IE I get the same.

All updates are done I am using IE 11.

Same here, My Employees and myself had issues at work. I use Safari at home so I can't comment on IE at home.

+1 on Hotsocket's suggestion, drop the crappy IE for Chrome or better yet Firefox.
IE is about to be History.

·
Registered
58 Posts
As as web developer, I can tell you with full confidence to avoid IE altogether. It's a PoS application as Hotsocket already confirmed. Use Chrome, Firefox, or Safari. Your web experience will be much better across all sites. To note, Microsoft is killing IE in their next OS release in favor of a brand new browser because they know IE has always sucked.

·
Administrator
178 Posts
That could be occurring while the forum maintenance is being run. It usually occurs around 2amUTC-05:00. How long does this usually last?

~Kay

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That could be occurring while the forum maintenance is being run. It usually occurs around 2amUTC-05:00. How long does this usually last?

~Kay
I am usually not on past 11pm EST. Mostly at work between 7am-5pm EST

I usually wait about fifteen minutes and try again, and can get in. Just seems like it has slowed down recently also, going from link to link.

I cleared my cache, and deleted all old cookies (even the oatmeal ones!:))

I believe these guys are right IE blows! I can't change that at work but at home I will jump to firefox as this does happen in chrome just not as often.

·
Administrator
178 Posts
Hi there,
Can you please document the time here the next time it slows down for you (including the browser? and the URL of the page it happens on?)

Thank you so much,
-Marie, Community Support

·
2,670 Posts
Do you use IE along with your AOL dial-up internet??? LOL Seriously IE is the biggest POS out there. Sounds like you're stuck in the 90's. I always use Chrome and FireFox with ZERO issues.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Do you use IE along with your AOL dial-up internet??? LOL Seriously IE is the biggest POS out there. Sounds like you're stuck in the 90's. I always use Chrome and FireFox with ZERO issues.
Some habits are hard to break! Comcast all the way! :nod:

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Some habits are hard to break! Comcast all the way! :nod:
Comcast is pricey but I have to say they deliver pretty well. Just got a free bump from 50-75mbps and speed tests are consistently at 88+.
On-demand is handy for the shows it carries and for me up-time is 99.99%

Like I said, they are a little costly but not out of line with the others when you compare apples-to-apples.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Administrator
178 Posts
Thank you so much for the info!:) I have sent a report to our techs to find out what could be causing the slow down.

·
Administrator
178 Posts
Just one more thing, would it be possible to post what you are seeing in the bottom left corner? Does it read "waiting for...."?

Thanks,
Marie, Community Support

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just one more thing, would it be possible to post what you are seeing in the bottom left corner? Does it read "waiting for...."?

Thanks,
Marie, Community Support
When and if it does it again I will screen shoot it , should of done that the first place. :tongue:

·
Administrator
178 Posts
Awesome! You rock:) If we don't have an update by the end of the day, we will be back in the office Tuesday. In the meantime, if you notice any difference speed, let us know.

Have a great weekend!

·
Registered
749 Posts
1 - 20 of 46 Posts