Yamaha Star Stryker banner

1 - 20 of 230 Posts

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
I am definitely interested. I did get the Holy Shift kit along with pre-ordering the brake and shift levers but as we know the levers never went to production. My understanding was the production costs were too high at the moment for the amount of interest. This is different than the holy shift that was being manufactured for more or less a universal fit. Even then, to make the holy shift work on the Stryker, we would have to saw off our existing levers and tap the hole to make it work, which is why I ended up selling the Holy Shift a few months ago. I suppose if the demand is high enough we may have a shot but its a very limited market to justify getting these manufactured at a cost that would make sense to the majority of Stryker owners.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
I'm in... I have the Holy Shift 1.0 on my ride and would love to upgrade the levers themselves to go along with the Holy Shift..

·
Registered
‘13 Stryker
859 Posts
Those are nice! Price is good too!

·
Registered
146 Posts
No more takers? Come'on guys. these things are sick. Little pricey, But hey, Spending money is what bikes are for.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I already pre-ordered them the first time around (they got cancelled because his manufacturer bailed on him.) Would be happy to pre-order them again.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Hey guys!

Thank you for the thread! Sorry I have been participating for a while . . . just getting things in order, and pushing this whole business forward!

I have had many inquiries about the shift/brake levers, and I have a position for you.

When I first put the product up, I had an Austin Manufacturer under contract. The pricing was vetted and the kits were offered.

Well, this manufacturer not only failed to produce the parts, as he also left me hanging with pre-orders of Holy Shift itself (as some of you may know).

Since then, the challenges were many, including creating my own low volume production line of Holy Shift as well as other unanticipated events, such as a fire at the plating facility I used for anodizing, putting me begging for a space with other facilities!

Now, I do not make Holy Shift myself anymore, but the guy who developed the manufacturing with me is in the machining business with commercial production levels, which is just great, as he knows the product as well as I do, and has an exhausting quality control.

I vetted the kits with him, and we came up with a price and a group buy quantity that would allow us to make them.

The price is as posted at the store $229 for the set.
We need a group buy of 25 to make this work.

I can offer a 10% discount for all in the group.

In addition to that, whoever is the closest to me, would have the chance to be the "first production article" tester, because unfortunately, I no longer have the Stryker (she and the R1 were sold to fund the business).

The tester would get an extra 10% discount.

Lead time would be about 6 weeks.

If I remember correctly, I had 8-10 guys who bought it and I refunded, plus more inquiries I received via store.

I will do a head count and share with you guys.

Let me know your thoughts . . . I would love to see these levers come to reality!!!

Cheers!

1 - 20 of 230 Posts