Yamaha Star Stryker banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting some back-firing now that I have the V&H twin slash staggered pipes on my 2011 Stryker. Did not change the air filter. Do I need to add a Fuelpak or some other fuel management device to get rid of the backfiring?

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
I am getting some back-firing now that I have the V&H twin slash staggered pipes on my 2011 Stryker. Did not change the air filter. Do I need to add a Fuelpak or some other fuel management device to get rid of the backfiring?

Yes It's running lean, Be careful especially with the cold weather which will lean out even more.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
If your having backfire during acceleration then your exhaust has one **** of a leak on it or there is a problem with your ignition system, if its on decel then you need the flash. Fuelpak and other fuel management will increase your bike's performance but would only minimize it but not get rid of the pop. They are design to add fuel during acceleration and idle but the ECU control the fuel during decel and will cut fuel abruptly when you let go of the accelerator hence lean condition=backfire specially in hard decel.

·
8,690 Posts
I dont have Ivans flash, mine occasionally pops on decel. Mine is probably the fastest stryker. I have not been beat in a race by a harley but then again, I know better than to try to race a vrod! ha
You have not raced Beth75kiss yet then Miko:wink:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts