Yamaha Star Stryker banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am still very new to motorcycles and owning a Stryker. I would like to relocate the license plate and mount it by the left side axle bolt. I purchased this item from Amazon - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07Z69RRWR?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details

What do I need to successfully install this? Can I remove the bolts on both sides and slide the axle out to install the license plate holder and then reinstall everything backward? Will I need to jack the motorcycle up or can I leave it on the ground?

White Font Auto part Pattern Fashion accessory

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I came across this photo where the license plate was not mounted on the left axle bolt. Can you tell from the photo below where the license plate is mounted and which bracket was used? Thank you!
Tire Fuel tank Land vehicle Wheel Vehicle

Tire Fuel tank Land vehicle Wheel Vehicle

·
Registered
38 Posts
I may be mistaken as it the holder blends in with the belt guard making it difficult to define but it looks like it was mounted using the belt guard bolts where it bolts to the swing arm. Here is a picture of a chrome cobra one where you can see the bolt
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
38 Posts
As far as axle mounted my understanding is you would remove the nut on the exhaust side and slide the axle out of the left side. The rear wheel would need to be off the ground.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.