Yamaha Star Stryker banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Ok guys and girls, I have done some more work since we last talked. I found out some things too, thanks to Brent at Tejas.

I will be getting a rear fender from him from a stryker with all the lights et et et. It'll bolt on. The Stock swing arm on the 1300 will accept an 8.5in wide rear tire, also a bolt on. I will probably take the rear wheel off of my Raider and give it to her, again, 100% bolt on. It's a 7.5, the only issue would have been the fender but, again I'm getting a stryker fender and it'll be GTG.

Front wheel wise I will want a different fender to match the overall look that the bike is taking on. So I've looked at a few here and there but none really set it off for me. We'll see how it goes. There arn't many options for the 1300 Vstar and the front end components do not match up between the stryker and the Vstar.

Now, exhaust wise, how does your's hook up to the frame on the rear end of the bike? I am very curious about this. There are way more options for the Stryker as far as exhaust goes than the 1300 Vstar, so I know for a fact they hook up to the engine the same way but I need more info on the frame mount. I'm wondering if I can fab up an adaptor or if it bolts onto the stryker where the stryker and 1300 vstar are identical. That'd save me a lot of work. So if anyone can post pics of where their cobras or other after market exhaust mount I would be appreciative.

Other than that the bike will probably stay stock except for an air cleaner, paint of course and chrome wheels. Thats about it.

The list of things that I've already done is,

Rear lowering kit,
Mustang seat shaved (so her short little legs can get to the ground easier)
Lowered the front about 3/4in
Kury grips

That's all so far, the rest is in work.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Matt said:
Now, exhaust wise, how does your's hook up to the frame on the rear end of the bike? I am very curious about this. There are way more options for the Stryker as far as exhaust goes than the 1300 Vstar, so I know for a fact they hook up to the engine the same way but I need more info on the frame mount. I'm wondering if I can fab up an adaptor or if it bolts onto the stryker where the stryker and 1300 vstar are identical. That'd save me a lot of work. So if anyone can post pics of where their cobras or other after market exhaust mount I would be appreciative.
The stock exhaust has a bracket with 3 bolts. (1 above the pipes and 2 below) It's located right below the passenger footpegs. You can see on the pictue of mine where I bolted the new muffler, as well as the two empty bolt holes directly below:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Thx for the pic. Looks like everything will mate up. To be honest for the look that my wife is going for the slip on cobra exhaust doesn't look bad, Her bike isn't going to be as curvy as a stryker.

BTW, just a curious question here, has anyone tried swapping gas tanks between the two bikes?

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Matt said:
Thx for the pic. Looks like everything will mate up. To be honest for the look that my wife is going for the slip on cobra exhaust doesn't look bad, Her bike isn't going to be as curvy as a stryker.

BTW, just a curious question here, has anyone tried swapping gas tanks between the two bikes?
I gotta tank coming up for sale...... Maybe??? Depends if i want to go through a mod or not???

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
21 - 32 of 32 Posts