Yamaha Star Stryker banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are the rear axle nuts supposed to have equal threads protruding through the axle nut?

On my Stryker, The exhaust side axle nut has 4 threads protruding past the end of the nut. The drive belt side axle nut has no threads protruding.

Belt Side
20210322_162142.jpg

Exhaust Side
20210322_162200.jpg

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Are the rear axle nuts supposed to have equal threads protruding through the axle nut?

On my Stryker, The exhaust side axle nut has 4 threads protruding past the end of the nut. The drive belt side axle nut has no threads protruding.

Belt Side
View attachment 123704

Exhaust Side
View attachment 123705

Belt Side
View attachment 123704

Exhaust Side
View attachment 123705
After zooming the pictures it looks like there are no threads inside the pulley side axle nut. So I guess it's not a nut. Is this bolt head ( pulley side) welded to the axle? Why does it have a hole in it?

·
Super Moderator
‘13 Stryker
1,009 Posts
Hey brother,

I see your pics no problem. You are referring to the axle one side has the nut ( with threads protruding the other side is the head of the axle bolt. Whether or not your wheel is straight can’t tell by those pics. Look where each side tick marks are. They are for tightening the belt but also help to align the rear wheel. They should be very close to each other on both sides. Down load the service manual it will help in diagnosing just about everything.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey brother,

I see your pics no problem. You are referring to the axle one side has the nut ( with threads protruding the other side is the head of the axle bolt. Whether or not your wheel is straight can’t tell by those pics. Look where each side tick marks are. They are for tightening the belt but also help to align the rear wheel. They should be very close to each other on both sides. Down load the service manual it will help in diagnosing just about everything.
View attachment 123712
View attachment 123711
Hey brother,

View attachment 123712
View attachment 123711
Thank you!

·
Super Moderator
‘13 Stryker
1,009 Posts
Link to free manual, this also covers the vstar 1300.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts