Yamaha Star Stryker banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was trying to find out if I have to make any mods to my 2011 stryker to put a 240 rear tire on it and if not tire recommendations would be greatly appreciated

·
Super Moderator
‘13 Stryker
916 Posts
I did have to add a couple washers to the belt guards. But you can just let the tire rub it till it rubs a spot . Only other suggestion I would say if you have a back rest check to make sure the bolts are not protruding too far . But other than that nothing. I’ve tried three different tires and the Cobra has been my favorite with best grip/handling.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I put on the 240 about 800 miles ago, I've enjoyed the changes and didn't have to modify anything for it to fit. Also my Speedo is now pretty accurate so that's nice! I also like how it handles

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I put on the 240 about 800 miles ago, I've enjoyed the changes and didn't have to modify anything for it to fit. Also my Speedo is now pretty accurate so that's nice! I also like how it handles
Which tire did you go with?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I went with a Dunlop AE3, I could get it quicker than the one everyone suggests here. Here is the most current photo I have. You can tell the bike sits a bit higher.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Ive been using the shinko on mine. After some bad experiences many moons ago on a different bike with tires that were to hard of a compound (dunlop cough cough) i much prefer a stickier tire and the shinko is that. It also gave me about the same 5000miles+ i got out of the factory metzler tire. Plus its one of the cheaper options which is nice

·
Registered
1 Posts
I went with the Michelin Commander II. Love the way it handles now and the speedometer is almost spot on now. But definitely make sure the bolts from the sides of the fender aren’t sticking too far into the wheel well. I didn’t and after I test drove the bike around the block I noticed I now I have a sweet little gouge that goes all the way around on the left side.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts