Yamaha Star Stryker banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone,

On my way home from work Friday night, I was driving down the road I take every night to get home and someone was trying to pass someone on a curve. I had three choices. Hit him head on, hit a tree head on, or swerve and possibly go down. :eek: So thats the route I chose. The bike went down, luckily I was only going about 15mph.

Got rushed to the hospital. Pretty bad road rash on my leg, shoulder, and elbow pretty messed up, but my ankle is the worst. Not broken but is pretty black from the fall. Hurts to walk at all. But luckily I am alive to tell my story.

Today, the adjuster came and the damage is estimated t $2,508. Not bad I guess. :-\ Damaged parts were:

Headlight
Small scratch in fender
Seat has scuff
Rear peg
Clutch peg
Bar end
Clutch lever
Tank has dent and scratch

Thats about it. So I've decided to paint the front and rear fenders and the tank a different color since they are getting repainted anyways. Any suggestions? I really like the Ford Mustang Grabber Blue and it'll go good with all the black.. Let me know your suggestions! ;D

Dave

· Registered
433 Posts
Oh dear ! Glad you chose option 3 and didn't end up a statistic. I recently invested in some Thor shorty boots. Someone here said I could be an extra in Star Trek (I like that idea) but they at least appear to give some ankle protection. I never gave my feet & ankles much thought but the longer I live the more concerns I get. Not enough to make me give up riding though. I hope you're back on the road soon.

· Registered
471 Posts
I like the spirit JerseyStryker ... be back as soon as you can buddy ;)

· Registered
956 Posts
Your ok for the most part which is great! Also sounds like your ready to get back on which is even better since alot of people freak and don't get back on. A good set of boots is a must, you might want to add that to your mod list ;) .

· Registered
461 Posts
JerseyStryker said:
Hey Everyone,

Got rushed to the hospital. Pretty bad road rash on my leg, shoulder, and elbow pretty messed up, but my ankle is the worst. Not broken but is pretty black from the fall. Hurts to walk at all. But luckily I am alive to tell my story.
Good to hear you walked away. Proper riding gear is so important. Most don't understand the need for good boots. My son had some short boots on when he layed down & totaled my wife's 2 month old bike last year. His gloves, helmet & jacket were destroyed but saved his body. His short boots didn't protect his ankle so he ended up grinding some bone away & has a scar as a reminder.

Thanks for sharing & hope you heal soon.

· Registered
881 Posts
Glad you are ok The Grabber Blue is sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.