Yamaha Star Stryker banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my flash’d ECU back from Ivan, absolutely can’t wait to try it out (couple months away still 😭)! I do have a question for the Stryker community: I am adding Cobra Swepts and Cobra intake, in addition to the flash. I live in southern interior B.C., all of my riding is around between 1000’-2000’ above sea level with the majority at 1500’. I’m not too concerned with “fine tuning” or squeezing out every last drop of power, but wondering if I’ll still need a fuel tuner/power commander? Or is Ivan’s mapping sufficient and I wouldn’t notice much difference by adding either of those anyway? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
36 Posts
I recently spoke to Ivan as I do have the cobra autotuner and am sending out my ecu for the flash. I was debating between getting a pcv5...his advice to me was a fuel tuner is not needed unless you wish to fine tune the bike. He suggested to try the flash with and without the autotuner and stated he doubts my "butt dyno" would notice any difference at all. You also have to factor in the cost especially for us Canadians...flash is already close to $600 then add another $500+ for the autotuner or powercommander ontop of that dyno time .....that's a lot of cash for bragging rights

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah Ivan said basically the same thing to me as well, just wanted to get other’s thoughts that have a variety of set-ups. I’ve had a couple people ask me whether the mapping set to account for my local altitude plus air in/air out set up, I’m a little foggy on how the mapping works exactly lol, not sure if those are even a factor, hence the question about the fuel tuner. Where are you from? Let me know how your set up works with/without 👍

·
Administrator
‘13 Stryker
1,090 Posts
I have ran with and with out the tuner and no noticeable improvement I am basically within 200 ft of elevation of you. I really believe adding the programmer was pointless.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I'm not too sure about elevation stuff, I'm in PA, but I have had Ivan's flash and a cover powerpro auto tuner, cobra swept, and cobra open intake since day 1,literally. I couldn't get this bike to "pop" if I tried. I can go 50 in 1st gear and let off and not ONE backfire. It works great and no more chugging. I have never run the flash without the tuner because I got the tuner with the parts so I'm not sure how much it's doing, just sharing my experience.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Since the bike is injected and ECU controlled, altitude will not affect it. I have ridden from sea level to 4000 ft and not seen an issue. That is a wonderful benefit of fuel injection and the computers.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I recently spoke to Ivan as I do have the cobra autotuner and am sending out my ecu for the flash. I was debating between getting a pcv5...his advice to me was a fuel tuner is not needed unless you wish to fine tune the bike. He suggested to try the flash with and without the autotuner and stated he doubts my "butt dyno" would notice any difference at all. You also have to factor in the cost especially for us Canadians...flash is already close to $600 then add another $500+ for the autotuner or powercommander ontop of that dyno time .....that's a lot of cash for bragging rights
STAY AWAY FROM IVAN

1 - 11 of 11 Posts