Yamaha Star Stryker banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of sending my ecu to Ivan. My question for those of you that have done this:
Did you have to move up to 89 octane fuel? Gas is expensive up here and I really would like to stick with 87.

·
Registered
11 Posts
No ,you should stick with 87 after flash ,only thing you have to do is to disconnect your O2 sensor .

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay thx. Is there a thread on here on how to find and disconnect the 02 sensor?

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Okay thx. Is there a thread on here on how to find and disconnect the 02 sensor?
It's a plug in under the side cover on the exhaust side. You should be able to see the O2 sensor wires coming off of the pipe and heading to the bike. Pop that cover off and unplug the wires.
Another step would be to remove the O2 sensor and put in a bung plug in it's place. But it's not necessary unless you have a little OCD...
I think Ivan recommends 89 octane now. But I know a lot of us run 87 and in the past he hadn't recommended using anything above 87. I've just started running 89 this year.
The flash is a good investment for the bike. It makes it a lot better, it's like it should have been from the factory

1 - 6 of 6 Posts