Yamaha Star Stryker banner
21 - 40 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
This looks like a great idea. I sat on a Stryker yesterday and I could feel just a little to much pull on my shoulders (169cm or 5 feet 6 and 17⁄32 inches according to the calculator). These risers of your look like they'll be perfect. I'm taking the bike for a test ride on Tuesday so we'll see how that works out. And so begins the bike accessory treadmill...

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
This looks like a great idea. I sat on a Stryker yesterday and I could feel just a little to much pull on my shoulders (169cm or 5 feet 6 and 17⁄32 inches according to the calculator). These risers of your look like they'll be perfect. I'm taking the bike for a test ride on Tuesday so we'll see how that works out. And so begins the bike accessory treadmill...
I'm 5'8" and have had the risers on for a year. They really improved the comfort and rideability.

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
Be sure to send Klarowe a PM to get on the list for a set!.
It was one of the best changes I made to my Stryker.
Just do a little searching of the threads to see what you'll need to adjust to get everything to reach after putting them on.
I didn't have to buy anything else such as cables or wiring, there is enough there to reach safely (some disagree but I've had the risers on for over a year with zero issues)
Klarowe's a good guy and puts out a great looking product unlike the much cheaper built garbage for sale on Ebay.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
I'm having issues with my risers and surface rust(stainless) in the desert of all places...just an fyi. I plan to remove them and clear coat them or polish them to nip that in the bud. My bike is stored indoors, never been rained on or wet however these were second hand so I have no idea what hey may have gone thru before.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Do you have some pictures you can send me? I will have to bring it up to my vendor because they are stainless and shouldn't be rusting... Is it the riser itself or the bolt? The bolts are the only thing that is not stainless...

·
8,690 Posts
I'm having issues with my risers and surface rust(stainless) in the desert of all places...just an fyi. I plan to remove them and clear coat them or polish them to nip that in the bud. My bike is stored indoors, never been rained on or wet however these were second hand so I have no idea what hey may have gone thru before.
Hey my friend. Those risers you have are Plain Steel. I was going to paint them if I used them.

·
8,690 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
I wish they were just a piece of pipe and a bolt then I could offer them for much less. Lol. These are precisely machines to fit the inside the triple tree to ensure there is no slop like some of the cheaper options out there. These also thread onto the bars then a bolt threads into the riser. They aren't just a spacer. There is also a step and recess machined into the riser so it fits the triple tree and riser as clean as possible.

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
Not even close to just a spacer. It is extremely precise. Nothing else in the market comes close to this.
Very high quality.
You get what you pay for and I'll pay more for something not cobbed together that would break if I had to pull back really hard or summin..
It's nice to bolt something on and never have to give it another thought.
If only brake lights on a lowered Stryker with a fat tire were as easy! :tsk:

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Rusty

polished

It took about 2 hours. They are 8/10 now but that's good enough for what they are and where they sit on the bike...I got a little lazy and left a few of the very deep tooling marks behind. The way I looked at it was the bars themselves are barely 8/10 from the factory so I actually matched the finish. ;)

21 - 40 of 85 Posts