Yamaha Star Stryker banner
41 - 60 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Did anybody have to get new cables or can I run the same cables?
You can use the same cables, but you will need to re-route them a little bit to make sure they aren't too tight.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
How difficult is it to remove bars and re-route cables? Never done that, just a little nervous.
Easy, I've done it with and without help...having someone stand there and hold the bars for the 1 minute needed to avoid any scratches is the safest route. Takes maybe 15 minutes on your first try.

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
Did you need to disconnect/reconnect any cables? It just sounds to easy...
No, you don't need to disconnect anything BUT you will need to reroute anything you think is too tight like the throttle cables and the brake hose.
Take them out of the steel wire "Hoop" (I just cut mine off to make it simple) and route it them around windshield mounts or anything else you got up there.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Did you need to disconnect/reconnect any cables? It just sounds to easy...

The only disconnecting was the plastic electrical line retainers, they should be opened(quick twist with a flat head) and the wires allowed to dangle until you're done. I used a Dremel tool to cut away the metal hoops holding the lines near the headlight, I just didn't like the way they look and it free'd up some slack...might not be necessary.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
As others have stated, it is an easy install. I would definitely remove the metal hoops to ensure you get the most slack out of the cables. I re-routed my brake line on the other side of the headlight to get a little more slack, but I did so by removing the headlight so I didn't have to deal with bleeding the brakes. Not sure if others have done the same... it may not be necessary. I ended up zip-tieing my cables along with the wires to really clean up the front end. It isn't necessary and probably isn't the best for the cables, but I haven't had any issues so far.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Received the order yesterday and will be shipping out today. I still have 1 set of black and 2 sets of stainless risers that will be ready to ship early next week. Claim them while you can!

·
Registered
74 Posts
I will be ordering some in the future, but right now with the Aussie dollar worth bugger all, I will need to hold off for a while.

41 - 60 of 82 Posts