Yamaha Star Stryker banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yea im looking for some cobra speedsters sweeps black anybody got any they want to sell thanks chris ;D

·
2,671 Posts
SR71 said:
Check out my pics in my profile. I added new exaust pics.
man those look cherry! did you just leave the tip off? i think those pipes look much better w/o the tip

·
Registered
324 Posts
The exhaust come with the inner pipe and heat shields. They are both chrome. I had to cut off the end of the heat shield until I liked the look. Then scuffed, primed with high temp and painted with high temp. I just did what one of the manufacturers will eventualy do. They look like V&H pipes for a Harley. Allways have to be different!!!

·
Registered
324 Posts
Yes the heat shields are black and the pipes are chrome. Cost me $100 less than buying black pipes and I get the look I wanted.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Would someone mind breaking down the heat shield thing for me? Are the shields completely separate and remove-able or did SR71 have to cut the shields while they were still covering the pipes?

I dig these pipes with the chrome tip look, but just don't have a clue how to do it. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks guy for all the input on this but i just ordered some black cobra speedsters sweeps from dennis kirk that had them in stock

·
Registered
130 Posts
Those look great. Nice job!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts