Yamaha Star Stryker banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a little present from Low and Mean yesterday ( that I paid for). This intake is awesome looking and very easy to install I belive with very little mechanical background you can install this thing. the bike feels like it got a steroid shot! To be fare though the only issue I see is that they want to intall the mesh and dagger to the filter with screws. I did not do this but I came up with a pretty easy solution so if anyone buys this and wants to know what I did just give me a shout. All in all I say very worth the money and I would recomend it to you guys.

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I hid it pretty well I think! I will have to try to take a picture of it because it is kind of hard to explain but if you look on the fan side of the radiator there is a 10mm bolt that holds a brace or bracket on and I put it on that with the horn facing the motor. If that makes sense.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Hey Carlock if you don't mind me asking what was the total bill from Low and Mean for the intake adapter and dagger intake? Just trying to see if I can jump in and swim or drown. ???

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
MY said:
Hey Carlock if you don't mind me asking what was the total bill from Low and Mean for the intake adapter and dagger intake? Just trying to see if I can jump in and swim or drown. ???

X2

and that looks absolutely killer. just mean as all ****

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It was around 400 to the door. It really made the bike run better. Now I just have to wait for V & H to get my pipes done !

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
its an oil bathed filter.....K and N so it doesnt really matter. Hyperchargers and
other Big air kits are the same way. Adding these type filters to a bike is a huge
source of contrversy but as carlock stated it is the single most noticeable performance
mod you can add for the money. I added mine and it actually scared me a little
when I got down on it.

Now when he adds the processor and pipes he will be a happy man!!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I ordered the intake when I bought the Chin Radiator cover and as far as the programer you will only need that when you do the intake and pipes. My bike runs so much better now that it can breath.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts