Yamaha Star Stryker banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!
From MN, New to the forum.
Recently bought my 2015 Stryker Bullet Cowl and I love the bike. I have done several upgrades to it so far; just to name a few (exhaust, air intake, Ivan’s tune).
The bike is a lot better, but I’m still getting a low speed chugging while driving in town. I’m well aware that the bike wants higher RPM’s, but in town that’s obviously not possible. It feels as if the bike is running out of fuel when taking corners in 2nd gear, but yet you’re going too fast to shift down to 1st in my opinion. Looking for other options other than slipping the clutch to control the bucking sensation. Please tell me of a solution you may have found that works! I really want to enjoy the bike, but so far that only happens on the highway.
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2012 Stryker
108 Posts
Welcome from Alberta.
Swap out your 31 tooth front pulley for a 30 tooth. Makes a world of difference.
The most common bike to get one from is a Bolt and usually the Bolt owners are looking for a 31 tooth Stryker pulley so a simple trade can be made.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Deezel,
Much appreciated,
Does it have to be the same year?
You wouldn’t by chance know any part# would you? If not not a big deal, I’ll just do some homework.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Welcome from Plymouth MN. Maybe we can meet up sometime. I have been on the fence about getting Ivan's flash. It would be interesting to see the before and after.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome from Plymouth MN. Maybe we can meet up sometime. I have been on the fence about getting Ivan's flash. It would be interesting to see the before and after.
Hey Madman, I’m roughly 3 hours from you.
As far as the tune Ivan does, in my opinion it was one of the best things I did to my bike.
I would recommend it to anyone that is looking to get more from there ride!
It completely changed (for the better) the way my bike performs,
I’ve only ever ridden one Stryker and that’s my current ride, but if they all act the same as mine did you could benefit from the tune also.
It literally runs cooler(temp wise), Ivan increases the Redline set point, and also programmed my ECM to match what exhaust and air intake I’m running, so I was not running lean. I checked into one of the power commanders before I did the tune and with the unit and the Dyno tune it was cheaper and easier to go the route I did..
Anyway I hope you are enjoying your bike as much as I am!
Ride safe, and keep her between the ditches.
If you ever find yourself around the Fargo-Moorhead area shot my a message, would willing to let you see for yourself.
Peace!

·
Super Moderator
‘13 Stryker
947 Posts
I run 30 tooth with flash and still have slow speed city driving in local neighborhood starts about 18mph and the two fixes are either feather the clutch, or be in 1st.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Thanks for the feedback Stryker1300 but I will have to wait until winter before I do anything.you know how short the riding season is here . I love riding and I'm not waisting any of that. I will have to go with preachermans advise for now.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts