Yamaha Star Stryker banner

Lowering

3K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  yamaha16 
#1 ·
Im sure its been posted before but anyone have any recommendations for lowering it? i wanna put a 240 rear on also.. what about doing air ride? anyone have it or heard much on it?

#7 ·
Actually, I've been questioning whether I want an avon 240 or go with another 210. I know people says it rides\handles better, but does it make the bike handle bumps better. I have to leave my suspension a little stiff as the wife rides with me, until she gets her bike next year :D. Does using the 240 absorb more shock? Does the lowering effect the suspension leverage and it's bump dampening?

#9 ·
BiggTimber said:
Actually, I've been questioning whether I want an avon 240 or go with another 210. I know people says it rides\handles better, but does it make the bike handle bumps better. I have to leave my suspension a little stiff as the wife rides with me, until she gets her bike next year :D. Does using the 240 absorb more shock? Does the lowering effect the suspension leverage and it's bump dampening?
IMO the Avon 240 provides more cushion for bumps over the stock 210...i can definitely feel the difference

#11 ·
Call-Me-D said:
Any problems riding 2 up on a 240 with the PCS links? I ride 2 up on the weekends with the wifey and have the preload pretty stiff for that specific reason, just wonder if anybody has run into bottoming out being lowered, whether on the 1" drop or 2.25"?
I've not tried that yet so I'm not 100% sure. I believe I've read on here that you can do it though.

#12 ·
skwerlee said:
I've not tried that yet so I'm not 100% sure. I believe I've read on here that you can do it though.
The 1" I'm not so worried about, but if it's possible on the 2.25 that would be awesome. But I'm 230 and the wifey is no skinny minnie(bout 200) so i'm sure it would prob bottom out on the lower setting.

Was just curious if anybody had any input. Thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.