Yamaha Star Stryker banner

Mod vs Warranty

3866 Views 21 Replies 11 Participants Last post by  MY LIFE
What impact does doing modifications have on the warranty? Seems like modifications would give Yamaha the ability to refuse to cover a repair. For example, if I change the tail light can Yamaha refuse to cover other electrical components not directly related to the tail light?
1 - 3 of 22 Posts
In talking with my dealer service manager he said the bike competition is so tough right now they will do most any repair they can under warranty. I recently put on a 250 and removed the lower belt guard. I was basically told not to sweat it so I think it really more than anything depends upon your relationship with your dealer.
My dealer does all my work at discounted prices on labor regardless of where I buy the parts. I also get a warranty for as long as i own the bike.
The swepts are much louder and have a really throaty growl to them. The black part you see are actually powder coated heat shields. So you're right, no blueing.
1 - 3 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.