Yamaha Star Stryker banner

Motorcycle Jackets

14K views 60 replies 40 participants last post by  Russ Overmier 
#1 ·
The only M/C jacket I ever owned was a heavy leather jacket which I didn't like. It must have weighed 20 lbs and I felt like I was donning lead armor when I put it on. So I sold it. A friend of mine has a mesh jacket that I tried on yesterday and I was thinking of buying one. His is a Fieldsheer with a removable liner. It was 90 degrees yesterday and he said it was comfortable as long as we were rolling. Do any of you have a recommendation or preference ? I would like a light weight jacket that would be comfortable for summer morning temps in the 60's up to 90 degrees. Over 90 and I don't need to be riding. It's just plain too hot.

#5 ·
I found a Vegas jacket I bought today. It is mesh with a light liner. It doesn't have the quilted liner for winter but my hoodie and vest will fit under it so it may work in winter. My wife approved of it and said I don't look too gay in it so I just might still have a chance with the young chicks.

#6 ·
My Wife & I both Have Cortech Jackets. Mine is a GX Sport, and hers is a LRX Air. Both are all weather jackets although wifes is Water proof, and Mine is only water resistant.

#8 ·
I have been using ICON ARC. It is not mesh but does have zippered vents. It is a little warm in the summer, but I still wear it in upto 120 degree weather that we have in Vegas with no problems. I mainly stick with this jacket because it has proven itself very well with the two times that I have gone down due to cages pulling out in front of me. 1st time slide 25ft and 2nd time was 55ft. No injuries either time and same jacket held up through both. The only reason I bought a 2nd jacket was because the dealer threw it in for free when I bought the new bike and my original was kawi green. Didnt match well with black...lol

#9 ·
Check These Out Bro.... Were In The Same Mind Set N This Jacket Is Nice..... Looks Like A Casual Jacket But Has Armor For Elbows, Shoulders, & Spine & Its Not Bad In Price Either, Me Being A Baller On A Budget N All lol

http://www.cyclegear.com/spgm.cfm?L1=&L2=&L3=&L4=&item=SUL_9031-6002_G

I Also Wear A Black Mesh Type Vest Too Sometimes.... Ive Been Getting Complements & Even Some Peeps Think Its A Bullet Proof Vest? lol I Couldnt Find A Lick For It But Ill Post A Pic ASAP??

#10 ·
WLFPAK65 said:
Check These Out Bro.... Were In The Same Mind Set N This Jacket Is Nice..... Looks Like A Casual Jacket But Has Armor For Elbows, Shoulders, & Spine & Its Not Bad In Price Either, Me Being A Baller On A Budget N All lol

http://www.cyclegear.com/spgm.cfm?L1=&L2=&L3=&L4=&item=SUL_9031-6002_G

I Also Wear A Black Mesh Type Vest Too Sometimes.... Ive Been Getting Complements & Even Some Peeps Think Its A Bullet Proof Vest? lol I Couldnt Find A Lick For It But Ill Post A Pic ASAP??
that jean jacket looks pretty slick, whats it like in colder weather?

#11 ·
Well I Rode To Work This Murnin N It Was 60d's Riding 80mph.... The Wind Was Cold Bub Managable, Like Wearing A Shirt In Mid 70d's Weather With The Wind Blowing??? But For The Most Part It Does Its Job.... Rode To El Centro CA. With It In 90d's+ Temp N I Wasnt Sweatin Bullets At All

#13 ·
Haa.. Its Worth It..... Retail Stores Have Them Going For $120 So Tell The Ol Lady Ur A Bargin Shoper lol... Cant Beat $75bones... I Got Some Leathers Tossed In When I Got My Ride But I Get Hott In That Thing In The Daytime N Have To Remove The Liner But Its More For Cold Ass Temps...

#21 ·
I have on of these I got from ebay It was 34.95 and 14 dollars shipping. When I ordered it I was thinking come on it can't be that great of a jacket for 34 bucks So i'll just use it for a backup I would consider it a mild temp jacket 40 to 80 degree weather jacket. When I got it I loved it! It is a really nice made jacket it has a zip in liner and has padding. They have it in red, blue and black to match the bikes ;D I would put the quality of the jacket up there with the 150 to 200 dollar jackets. The sizing was spot on on there sizing chart for me. But if it doesn't fit they send a return label with the order to get another jacket in the right size. I will be ordering one for my wife as well soon. They also sell some other nice looking leather jackets as well and helmets and boots etc.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MJ40...QQitemZ290596574371QQptZApparelQ5fMerchandise

#23 ·
XPS said:
I have on of these I got from ebay It was 34.95 and 14 dollars shipping. When I ordered it I was thinking come on it can't be that great of a jacket for 34 bucks So i'll just use it for a backup I would consider it a mild temp jacket 40 to 80 degree weather jacket. When I got it I loved it! It is a really nice made jacket it has a zip in liner and has padding. They have it in red, blue and black to match the bikes ;D I would put the quality of the jacket up there with the 150 to 200 dollar jackets. The sizing was spot on on there sizing chart for me. But if it doesn't fit they send a return label with the order to get another jacket in the right size. I will be ordering one for my wife as well soon. They also sell some other nice looking leather jackets as well and helmets and boots etc.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MJ40...QQitemZ290596574371QQptZApparelQ5fMerchandise
Good find XPS . . .
This eBay vendor looks promising . . . may have to check it out.

Currently using a Bilt (Cycle Gear) Sport mesh jacket that really does move air through it. Central Florida is hot but this jacket is very tolerable.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.