Yamaha Star Stryker banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently put the 6x9 fairing on with a double din radio. I don’t really want to remove or relocate the ignition to tuck the fairing over the headlight. I thought about removing the chrome ignition cover and raising the headlight 1 inch to close the gap. Wasn’t sure if anyone ever tried to do that.

·
Super Moderator
‘13 Stryker
1,036 Posts
Sounds like a plan and would be simple to do

·
Registered
220 Posts
I recently put the 6x9 fairing on with a double din radio. I don’t really want to remove or relocate the ignition to tuck the fairing over the headlight. I thought about removing the chrome ignition cover and raising the headlight 1 inch to close the gap. Wasn’t sure if anyone ever tried to do that.
There isn't that much room after the cover is removed. I tried that idea already. After I put my risers on, it lifted my grips above the batwing. If I raise the batwing, it leaves a large gap at the headlight. I've been trying to figure something out ever since.

·
Super Moderator
‘13 Stryker
1,036 Posts
What’s a large gap 2”-4”? I’ve seen guys use rubber to fill a gap. I would think a 4 “ gap would look ridiculous with a filler piece.

·
Super Moderator
‘13 Stryker
1,036 Posts
As I reread this post why couldn’t you make a new bracket that raises the headlight up and moves it forward to clear ignition switch? Or even easier would be a spacer to raise it and drill new holes in the spacer to mount the stock bracket forward enough to clear ignition.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts