Yamaha Star Stryker banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So when I was younger I bashed cruisers. I adored crotch rockets and thought cruisers were just blah. Now that I'm older, 34 vs 20 I decided I wanted to relax and been looking into another bike. I decided to start looking at cruisers, went from Honda to Kawasaki vulcans and finally found this beauty. To be honest, I hadn't even heard of them before I found it so research went strong. Turns out I found a jewel and a size I had been looking for for myself and my fiance. Everyone said Vulcan customs were hard for 2 up and left you wanting another gear above 60. I didn't want a 750 because it was a 750 lol and I wish they still made 1300's and I immediately got a hold of the seller and bought it within 24hrs. I tell you, coming from a CBR1000 to this, the comfort is absolutely amazing. Who would have thought I actually preferred floor boards and a nice relaxed seating position outside of hunched and having pressure on my palms and wrist. I'm looking forward to the community and getting to know more about these wonderful beast.

2013 Yamaha Stryker
Cobra exhaust and intake
Fatter rear tire
Aftermarket rims
Red led lights underneath and around engine
Halo headlight with aftermarket led bar undermeath
7,333 miles just washed and waxed

I just need to paint the passenger floor boards black and change the mirrors to black with a cowl windscreen and she's perfect, well more perfect lol.

·
Super Moderator
‘13 Stryker
1,055 Posts
Nice bike! Welcome !

·
Registered
2012 Yamaha Stryker
9 Posts
Welcome to Strykers/Raiders family owners. Pretty cool bike, one thing thats freedom performance exhaust :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome to Strykers/Raiders family owners. Pretty cool bike, one thing thats freedom performance exhaust :)
100% correct! The listing said cobra exhaust but looking up all the add ons including power pro, found out it's freedom! Regardless, **** thing sounds gooooooooood lol

·
Registered
'11 Copper Red Stryker
29 Posts
Before you look at buying that tuner, look at the sticky for ivan's ECU flash. It's really worth.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)

Since this I have changed the mirrors to black, $40 off Amazon, new headlight (in pic) and so worth it along with painting the chrome plates black to make it more my style, Memphis shades bullet cowl and waiting for the rest of my parts for my batwing. Changed from a 250 rear to a 240 because belt rub but the new shinko 005 advanced is an amazing tire. Spark plugs changes, coolant flush, brake fluid flush, oil change to to Motul 7100 10-50 and so worth it. Honestly who would have thought in the 40s that an American bomber would be in the same picture as a Japanese cruiser.....beautiful regardless.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Awesome looking bike. Those wheels look sick to. Would like to see more pictures. Where do you have your plate mounted?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Awesome looking bike. Those wheels look sick to. Would like to see more pictures. Where do you have your plate mounted?
Thank you, and here is one for the side and you can see the plate mount from this side. Previous owner did the rims, exhaust, intake, powerpro. I basically paid for the aftermarket parts with the price I gave. Screen shot from a video after I did the exhaust gaskets. Just a moment ago with new rear 240 and new mirrors. Raining outside otherwise if do a better pic oh and I painted the cobra floorboards black also lol and I threw in one with the LEDs underneath it at night before I did the accessories

·
Registered
807 Posts
Welcome from Vancouver Island! Great bike you have there!

I can EASILY do 8 hour riding days on my Stryker, with the Corbin seat it's the most comfortable bike I have ever owned. My second most comfortable to ride was my old Honda Valkyrie. The Stryker beats all. Also, looks better than 99% of the bikes on the road, in my (not so) humble opinion.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts