5km on the odometer

Kuryakyn ISO Grips - Black

RAM Mount for iPhone4

Low & Mean Chin Scoop - Painted Gloss Black

Scythe Mirrors - Black

Painted all Chrome Plastic - Gloss Black

Was not happy with the gloss black on the engine covers so I went Flat black

Removed Chrome Tank Trim to find this

I had the tank decals removed and the tank repainted.

Removed the rear rotor cover

See less See more
#7 ·
hey nate.. awesome pics.. looks great. can you tell me a little bit more about the tank trim removal. curious about that cuz that looks sweet.

#8 ·
crazy8ight said:
hey nate.. awesome pics.. looks great. can you tell me a little bit more about the tank trim removal. curious about that cuz that looks sweet.
Removing the tank trim is simple. It's held on with double sided tape. Just lift up the bottom and start to pull up slowly. You can use a heat gun I suppose but it's not necessary by any means. Oh and you need to remove the gas cap first.

#9 ·
Very, very nice job Natedog!!!

I really dig those mirrors!!!!! Where did you found those!? Did you needed special adaptors or they were bolt-on?

#12 ·
I had it on good authority that you can dye your K&N filter, so....

Cleaned all the RED crap out!

Dyed it black.

I followed the instructions to the 'T' but it would have been nice if it went darker. Once the oil goes on, that should help. I need to find some clear oil now, since the K&N stuff is red.

#17 ·
Installed the Powercommander V today. It was a bit tight getting to injectors, but doable with the help of a buddy. He has more patience than I do. :)

Did not get to take her for a good rip yet as it started to rain on the way home, but even in that short ride I did notice that acceleration was a lot smoother.

I'll post more info once I take her out for a good rip.

I didn't take any photos of the install. (1) never thought of it and (2) the installation instructions have all the photos you need and (3) most are going the Cobra route anyways.

FYI make sure you don't forget to hook up the ground wire from the unit to the gnd terminal on the battery like I did. You'll be there scratching your head as to why it wont start! :D

I got mine at http://hardracing.com/POWERCOMMANDERS/YAMAHA.htm They were the cheapest I found.

#22 ·
After enough debating, and waiting to see how well the satin black Krylon Fusion for plastic paint that I used was going to hold up on my headlight bucket, ignition cover and speedo cover (which still looks great after 2 months)... so I got more of that paint and sprayed all of my engine plastics today. It really does look great as so many others on here have noted. 8)
One more project down,... time to search around on here for what I'm gonna tackle next .... lol ;D

#23 ·
Finally got around to painting the head covers. Originally I left them chrome cause I thought it looked good with the chrome tipped exhaust but since that's going soon I blacked them out. Pics to come once I mount them after they cure for a bit. :)

#25 ·
So this has been a long time coming...

Finally got the L&M intake mounted. Hopefully get the exhaust mounted in the next couple of weeks. It looks good but mounting the adapter wasn't what I would consider an easy task.

Happy to anser any questions you guys may have.

Enjoy :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.