Yamaha Star Stryker banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I just purchased my 2013 Stryker off a good buddy of mine and so far I'm really enjoying it. This is my second bike, first was purchased last year as a starter bike, 2004 V-Star. Big upgrade for me. I dont like the low end jerking and plan to have the ECU flashed eventually because to be honest it's a bit unsafe although I am getting used to it just have to hold the clutch in a little longer than normal in first gear. Any bad ass upgrades you all recommend? Thanks all.

Tony

·
Registered
‘13 Stryker
894 Posts
Hey everyone, I just purchased my 2013 Stryker off a good buddy of mine and so far I'm really enjoying it. This is my second bike, first was purchased last year as a starter bike, 2004 V-Star. Big upgrade for me. I dont like the low end jerking and plan to have the ECU flashed eventually because to be honest it's a bit unsafe although I am getting used to it just have to hold the clutch in a little longer than normal in first gear. Any bad ass upgrades you all recommend? Thanks all.

Tony
Tony, First off my brother thanks for your service! And congrats on your purchase! If it still has stock exhaust and intake (air filter assembly) , putting on cobra or Vance and Hines exhaust and aftermarket open air filter will really wake her up! But I would honestly would do Ivans Flash first, you could even get the performance package from him that includes exhaust and intake and flash. Beside performance upgrades, couple of my favorite ones was getting floor boards in place of those pegs and forward controls for us 6’+ guys. I also recommend the Linby bar, we never plan to drop our babies but if it happens saves from big damage and does Aid in lifting the big girl back up, known from experience!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts