Yamaha Star Stryker banner

Need advice on sale price . . .

4K views 24 replies 12 participants last post by  mikoloe 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello all,

Well I bought my 2013 Raven earlier this year and for most of that time I've been modding it rather than riding it! Many of you may have seen it in the running for July Stryker of the Month. But I'm considering selling it for a financial opportunity that has presented itself to my wife and I. I was hoping to get some advice on a price range because it's customized. Most of you are familiar with the Low and Mean parts, but the graphics and paint cost a pretty penny (which were 2 totally separate costs).
So here's the list:

LM-Rear fender with clear LED tail light & integrated signals
LM-Front Reaper fender
LM-Radiator cover w honeycomb screen
LM-Solo seat
LM-Lowering Spring
Cobra slip on
Side mount plate w LEDs
Bar end mirrors
Custom graphics & paint

Less than 900 miles.

My total $$ in the bike is almost $20K and I KNOW I'm going to take a HUGE hit and I accept that. So before I start hitting up Cycletrader, Ebay, etc., I thought I'd ask here what you all think is a fair 'selling' price? Thank you!

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
I think the pricing should be broken into 3 parts 1 the price you would get for a stock bike considering year, miles etc... 2 would be the price of the mods. Unfortunately most mods are usually sold at a 40% to 50% discount from original pricing. 3 is the paint job. It is beautiful and I'm guessing cost a pretty Pennie. I'm sure you want to recoup as much as you can. It is however a one of a kind but not so much a collectible (yet). For any reason any part has to be replaced/repaired it will require another custom paint job at least on that part. Depending on the buyer and time frame for getting cash in hand I could see paint job being a total loss. For you sake I hope I am way off the mark and totally wrong and you get every dollar you spent and then some. You did ask for opinions and this just mine.

#8 ·
I think the pricing should be broken into 3 parts 1 the price you would get for a stock bike considering year, miles etc... 2 would be the price of the mods. Unfortunately most mods are usually sold at a 40% to 50% discount from original pricing. 3 is the paint job. It is beautiful and I'm guessing cost a pretty Pennie. I'm sure you want to recoup as much as you can. It is however a one of a kind but not so much a collectible (yet). For any reason any part has to be replaced/repaired it will require another custom paint job at least on that part. Depending on the buyer and time frame for getting cash in hand I could see paint job being a total loss. For you sake I hope I am way off the mark and totally wrong and you get every dollar you spent and then some. You did ask for opinions and this just mine.
+1 on that... for better or worse...

#9 ·
nice bike, I voted for ya... as far as the sale I would have no idea.. I know if it were me I would rather buy stock and put my money into it and make it how I want. wouldn't want to pay too much for mods someone else did..

since its almost brand new maybe like 14-15k but might take a while.. me personally I would just buy a brand new bike and make it my own.. good luck on it if you decide to sell

#12 ·
I would start at 14,595/15,595 and go from there. I would buy yours over the Green hornet any day..That Green one is kicks ace! Explain the math to the buyer, I'm sure you can make them step their game up! It's all on how you stoke the buyer, the better you stroke the more $$ you will get!

#18 ·
I don't mind saying. I just didn't want to distract from my question. Our next door neighbors just up and abandoned their house a year and half ago and we believe it's finally been repo'd by the bank. If it comes on the market we really want to snatch it up. We've been in AZ only 5 years and it would be great to have when family and friends come to visit. Selling my Stryker would help with the down stroke, even thought I'd take a hit. In the long run, it wouldn't matter.

#21 ·
keep in mind that the vast majority of modded bikes, atv's and powersports in general all sell at a discount to a bone stock alternate. A good guage on the true cost of modding is probably about -150%..great if that's what you like, but don't expect to profit from it....sell your bike and learn from it..-$13k is not the end of the world.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.