Yamaha Star Stryker banner

Need help with Cobra tuner!!!

5K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  traxscr 
#1 ·
I bought a Cobra Auto Tuner and can't get the fuel injector connectors off. I have removed the two rear bolts and lift the rear of the tank, I can't seam to get the connectors off. Is there a trick to removing them? Any help is appreciated.
??? :-\ :(

#4 ·
Rodekill said:
Getting the locking piece pushed in far enough to allow me to unplug them was the hardest part for me. I found cursing loudly helped... ymmv 8)
I know that feeling brotha. I am sure my neighbors were wondering what the **** was going on inside my garage last night. My hands are to big to reach in, I think I am going to take the tank off tonight and see if I can than complete my task.

#6 ·
I had a hard time installing my tuner also. I lifted the tank from the back per the instructions that came with it. I still didn't really have enough room. I was able to do the rear cylinder injector plug pretty easily but the front cylinder injector plug pissed me off for two hours until I finally had my wife help from the other side. With her help, using needle-nose pliers and me pinching my fingers under the tank, I got the connector off.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.