Yamaha Star Stryker banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Banned
159 Posts
From what I understand from reading articles about porting and polishing heads is that you may lose TQ, but will gain HP. A mild cam would pretty get the most out of all the bolt ons and porting/polishing, but there are no cams wild nor mild for the Stryker.

So pretty much you would pay at least $1000 to get maybe 3 more ponies from your Stryker. Until some company makes cams for our bikes I think it would be a waste of time. There are performance cams for the Honda Fury and I emailed the guy at AFT customs, but he said they aren't planning on making any cams for the Stryker.

·
Registered
741 Posts
bandit85 said:
From what I understand from reading articles about porting and polishing heads is that you may lose TQ, but will gain HP. A mild cam would pretty get the most out of all the bolt ons and porting/polishing, but there are no cams wild nor mild for the Stryker.

So pretty much you would pay at least $1000 to get maybe 3 more ponies from your Stryker. Until some company makes cams for our bikes I think it would be a waste of time. There are performance cams for the Honda Fury and I emailed the guy at AFT customs, but he said they aren't planning on making any cams for the Stryker.
That's too bad I think the Stryker would even sound better with a lower idle and a lumpy cam :(

·
Registered
40 Posts
What about higher compression pistons? Does anyone know if those are available? It would definitely be cool to bump that 9.5/1 up to like 10.5/1 if possible. Combine that with the smaller front pulley and you'd be screammmmmmmin!

·
Banned
159 Posts
So I emailed Patrick Racing about parts for the Stryker and the sales guy replied that they currently don't offer any parts, but to check back early 2013 because of the requests they have been getting. Good news at least.

·
Registered
461 Posts
bandit85 said:
So I emailed Patrick Racing about parts for the Stryker and the sales guy replied that they currently don't offer any parts, but to check back early 2013 because of the requests they have been getting. Good news at least.
Sqeaky wheel gets the grease. You want something done (built) make lots of noise (lots of emails from fello Stryker owners perhaps).

[email protected] <------ This is where I sent my request for a Stryker big bore kit.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I am tearing my engine apart this winter and sending the cams and heads out for modifications (that's why I wanted some dyno time to get some baseline numbers before i tear into it) They use your cams, have to weld and regrind them. they need the heads to get the flow data. I am doing that with some porting, bumping the compression up by milling the heads, hoping to put out 95ish at the tire. If you want power, it just takes a little $ ;)

I don't mind being a guinea pig, someone has to do it.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Me too. If anyone finds a way to make the stryker faster I'm in. Otherwise next bike might have to be a 127 cube v twin. Or a v-rod.
And before anyone suggests a raider the only one available here is well over 20k AUD. And importing one isn't worth the time or money for me

·
Registered
215 Posts
The sleeper factor is good. The Stryker already looks fast but it's not. I mean for those that think it's fast because of the way it looks and they don't know what it is it's not really that fast. What it does have is the ability to perform more like a sport car compared to a muscle car when compering it to the Raider. I proved that it could out run a dual sport BMW the other day riding and racing him some 60 miles up hwy 101. We hit speeds of 110 on corners, he barley could keep up with me and when I hit 115 he started dropping back and left him in the dust at 120 and 130. He stopped at a gas station to talk to me and told me he was really impressed with the way that my bike handled at those speeds in the corners and how I threw it around with the big rear tire. Still the stock 210 and lowered 2.25" BTW. It really did handle beautifully. But I am just a little crazier than most. When he ask what cc it was when I told him his eyes lite up and he said wow that's fast for a 1300.
It was obvious that he had raced other cruisers in the 1300 range an beat them. So if you soup up the Stryker motor and keep it mostly the stock platform frame etc. it would be like putting a full race Chevy small block into a Vega with racing suspension. It would be every bit of a sleeper and just blow away any competition with the right rider on it. So I say, SOUP THAT BAD BOY UP. I will some day myself. Probably within the next 3 years.
And now we know the real reason you go through tires like they're free! LOL

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
Me too. If anyone finds a way to make the stryker faster I'm in. Otherwise next bike might have to be a 127 cube v twin. Or a v-rod.
And before anyone suggests a raider the only one available here is well over 20k AUD. And importing one isn't worth the time or money for me
Any M109Rs down there?

·
Registered
266 Posts
Sqeaky wheel gets the grease. You want something done (built) make lots of noise (lots of emails from fello Stryker owners perhaps).

[email protected] <------ This is where I sent my request for a Stryker big bore kit.
i emailed patrick a week or so back about the big bore kit and this was his reply

"Unfortunately we have not gotten around to doing the R&D on this project yet. As soon as we clear a few projects off our plate, we will be planning on this.
Keep checking back!"

so maybe one day soon, but i don't think it would hurt if we all send him more requests.

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
Not to be a Debbie Downer for you guys that are looking for this but from what I read on the Fury forum it didn't make that much of a difference. This was even after ecu flash and 2k+ for the tear down and install of the kit. Maybe it would be a different story with our engines since they can rev higher?

:noidea:

·
Registered
110 Posts
Still no changes on this. Hopped on Patrick Racing's website and they have kits for the warrior, roadstar and raider... Has any other updates arose about doing this? I was thinking of taking my bike in to a performance shop to bore the engine... If anything, it should make it louder. I am thinking of building a turbo for it, just nervous on damage to the engine throwing this on, or if the belt can handle the torque increase.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Why not just move to a Raider with flash and stage 1? Probably cheaper and more reliable not to mention a ton of power. I am not a fan of thin combustion chamber walls. Turbo sounds cool but I think fuel tuning will be a b!tch.

·
Registered
749 Posts
the raider has alot more torque and power then the stryker i speek from experance and alot more options for upgrades.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Squeaky Wheels

i emailed patrick a week or so back about the big bore kit and this was his reply

"Unfortunately we have not gotten around to doing the R&D on this project yet. As soon as we clear a few projects off our plate, we will be planning on this.
Keep checking back!"

so maybe one day soon, but i don't think it would hurt if we all send him more requests.
I don't mind letting them know there's a market for this. I emailed them an hour ago. Let's just keep letting them know there's money to be made!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am tearing my engine apart this winter and sending the cams and heads out for modifications (that's why I wanted some dyno time to get some baseline numbers before i tear into it) They use your cams, have to weld and regrind them. they need the heads to get the flow data. I am doing that with some porting, bumping the compression up by milling the heads, hoping to put out 95ish at the tire. If you want power, it just takes a little $ ;)

I don't mind being a guinea pig, someone has to do it.
Man did you ever get to tearing into your motor and getting work done ?

21 - 40 of 40 Posts