Yamaha Star Stryker banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts
My scorpion exo 1000 is awesome and little noise, although I ride with ear plugs on long rides just for the comfort. Great helmet and love the flip down sun visor.
I love the flip down visor too BUT...
I sometimes just use that on real hot days and leave the main shield up.
This, I found, is like an open invitation to bees to be scooped into the helmet and only get pissed off when they hit the flip down sun screen and then crawl around for a while 'till they find your neck, right under your ear so they can sting a real soft spot.

Ask me how I figured THAT out!:tsk:

bastards!

Hey 11, never actually rode with a half helmet but most full faced one that I've used have quite a bit of roaring from the wind. Looking for one that is quieter.
Wife and I have the Fulmer full face helmets and no wind noise, but my 13" Rifle keeps just enough a way I think. But my exhaust noise is much worse on us both with the full face over the wind noise of the half helmet.

I love the flip down visor too BUT...
I sometimes just use that on real hot days and leave the main shield up.
This, I found, is like an open invitation to bees to be scooped into the helmet and only get pissed off when they hit the flip down sun screen and then crawl around for a while 'till they find your neck, right under your ear so they can sting a real soft spot.

Ask me how I figured THAT out!:tsk:

bastards!
LOL AR. Never had that happen but did get a bug in there once while I was stopped. When I put the helmet back on and hit the road I noticed and noticed this little thing walking around on the main visor. I tried to get it sucked out by opening the main a little bit and that did not work. Nothing seemed to work. That think just kept walking around the visor like nothing was happing till I eventually stopped and took my helmet off. That was really annoying.

LOL AR. Never had that happen but did get a bug in there once while I was stopped. When I put the helmet back on and hit the road I noticed and noticed this little thing walking around on the main visor. I tried to get it sucked out by opening the main a little bit and that did not work. Nothing seemed to work. That think just kept walking around the visor like nothing was happing till I eventually stopped and took my helmet off. That was really annoying.
HA ha, you had a hitch hiker!

Discussion starter · #25 ·
So just an update. I just ordered the scorpion exo 500 and the sena smh10. I got gear happy and order a new pair of boots too. I'll provide some feedback once I receive them. Thank you guys for all the help.

I usually pull my bandana over my sun glasses but the other morning I left a little bit exposed and a bee got in and stung me several times on my way to work. When I pulled in the garage I pulled my bandanna off and let it go. I got to my desk and my boss says hey, you need to go take care of that, come back tomorrow.... I says ok.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.