Yamaha Star Stryker banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I have searched the forum even sent out a few pm's what i can tell you is first off that memphis shades does not make anything that will fit our bike as far as hardware so i'am looking at the ones that are offered for it by star motorcycles
and i'am not sure which will work for me I'am 5'6" tall. If anybody who has the stock ones can tell me their experience with it i'am sure it will help me thank you very much...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
129 Posts
I'm about the same size and have the shortest boulevard. fits the bike real well and deflects all of the air off your chest but it does direct some if it at your head. I found that with a few spacers (i used washers) and some longer bolts you can adjust the pitch to take it over your head. Did the same thing on my bro's Raider.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,089 Posts
chubbleyum said:
I'm about the same size and have the shortest boulevard. fits the bike real well and deflects all of the air off your chest but it does direct some if it at your head. I found that with a few spacers (i used washers) and some longer bolts you can adjust the pitch to take it over your head. Did the same thing on my bro's Raider.
how would you do that exactly?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
129 Posts
added spacers to the top bolt of each side of the windshield, between the plexi and the mount to pitch the windshield up and deflect the air higher. Also added some rubber washers between the spacers and anything they touch to avoid scratching. If you could find a spacer that looks like a wedge of pie with a hole through it would be great or you could grind down a larger nut to the right angle. I just used regular washers from the hardware store since i was on a trip at the time. Ill see if I can get a good pic of it and post.
 

·
Hero Member
Joined
·
2,673 Posts
chubbleyum said:
I found that with a few spacers (i used washers) and some longer bolts you can adjust the pitch to take it over your head. Did the same thing on my bro's Raider.
man that's a great idea...I'm 5'8" so when i get the boulevard I'll try this.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,089 Posts
chubbleyum said:
added spacers to the top bolt of each side of the windshield, between the plexi and the mount to pitch the windshield up and deflect the air higher. Also added some rubber washers between the spacers and anything they touch to avoid scratching. If you could find a spacer that looks like a wedge of pie with a hole through it would be great or you could grind down a larger nut to the right angle. I just used regular washers from the hardware store since i was on a trip at the time. Ill see if I can get a good pic of it and post.
thanks bud that might just pitch it enough to diflect it over
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'am Glad that the jerry rigging of the boulevard shield will work for some but i'am still looking for some one whom has an actual windshield either the 17" or 22" thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
244 Posts
Roger said:
I'am Glad that the jerry rigging of the boulevard shield will work for some but i'am still looking for some one whom has an actual windshield either the 17" or 22" thanks.
If you go through the gallery you'll see the guys with those windshields. Personnally I liked the Boulevard I'm 5'7" and I don't notice the buffeting but it did get really loud! LOL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28 Posts
I'm 5'7 and have the 22" windshield. If you don't mind looking through the windshield while riding then it's great for getting the wind off the chest and helmet. It's also good for the bugs. I drive on the highway and it sure has been a lot less turblent and messy... :p

If you want to see above the windshield, then get the 17".
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you docprince that is the answer i was looking for i thought the 22" would be to big when i tried to measure with the memphis shade they put the windshield on the headlight but i guess you are not suppose to so i looked at the 17" that yamaha offers and it does not sit directly on the headlight so the windshield measures 17" but it's about an inch off the headlight so it should be ok.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
125 Posts
There is a recently posted picture of a Stryker with the 17" shield. Also if you search you can find several other (cheaper) windshields that have been used.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
For those who are not aware memphis shades do not make a windshield that fits the stryker. So i went with the 17 inch stock knowing it is going to fit perfectly.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
244 Posts
I know you just bought the 17" but have you seen the new post regarding the Memphis Shades Bullet Fairing? I noticed that the top of the screens sits about 2" higher than my shorty Boulevard and maybe the answer for me. I've added the rubber bushings to the top of my screen and it just didn't get enough clearance to alleviate the head buffet. Good luck with the 17"...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
I am 5'8" and I got the 22" from star. It took all the wind from my chest and head. My vision is split with the shield directly in front of my nose but it doesn't bother me. If you don't mind some turbulance to your head than you could go with the 17.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28 Posts
dancetek55 said:
I am 5'8" and I got the 22" from star. It took all the wind from my chest and head. My vision is split with the shield directly in front of my nose but it doesn't bother me. If you don't mind some turbulance to your head than you could go with the 17.
+1
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top