Yamaha Star Stryker banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

Just picked up a 2017 Stryker with 3.8k miles and was very surprised by the power.

I have owner 2 before this one, a 2012 Stryker with 12k miles (drilled out baffles only mod) and a 2011 Stryker 5k miles (with cobra swept back exhaust only mod).

For some reason this 2017, feels WAY faster then both of them. I tried searching if they did any power boosts in 2017 and looks like they didn't. So why is the bike so much faster?

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pull and check the ECU to see if it has a sticker from Ivan's performance. Could also be a fuel programmer but either would be a bit of a surprise because the rest of the bike looks stock...
Alright will do. Even my wife took a ride as passenger with me and she was amazed how much faster it was. I'm 230lbs and she's 140lb.

·
Premium Member
2012 Yamaha XVS1300CU (Her name is Foxy 2.0)
31 Posts
Are you still living in the same place you were before? You’d be surprised how much difference elevation makes…also black are the fastest so…

·
Administrator
‘13 Stryker
1,154 Posts
Motor is still same from 2011-thru 2017 (last year in the states). Unless motor has a tune, still same power plant.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts