Yamaha Star Stryker banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm torn between 2 different exhaust systems...the cobra speedster swept's, and the vance and hines big radius 2-2. whats yall's opinion?? both sound amazing. anybody have any pics of the finished product??

·
Registered
24 Posts
Youll hear alot of different opinions....if you research alot most "die hard" folks say as far as quality..sound......vance and hines.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
strykeraf said:
I'm torn between 2 different exhaust systems...the cobra speedster swept's, and the vance and hines big radius 2-2. whats yall's opinion?? both sound amazing. anybody have any pics of the finished product??

i know the black looks better on a black bike BUT there isnt one cobra system ive seen in chrome that hasent blued the pipe. where as with V&H you have that proven quality and there guarantee that nothing will blue or discolor. i know i am personally waiting to see if V&H comes out with some of there signiture black pipes.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I ended up ordering the cobra swepts in black because I dont want to wait any longer for some one else to come out with something. I guess I'm too impatient. I wanted a set of Freedom pipes but they said it would be the end of the year before they had anything ready. Check out their stuff at www.freedomperform.com.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Backinblack, I hear ya. I am very impatient myself and am frustrated that there aren't more choices yet. I guess that is the down side to buying a a first year model.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hey guy's.

Yeah they need to do a black. We're not Harley guy's that have to have everything in chrome............ ;)

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
DucLover said:
Hey guy's.

Yeah they need to do a black. We're not Harley guy's that have to have everything in chrome............ ;)

funny you say that b/c harley has all the nicest blacked out exhausts from V&H. lol

·
Registered
157 Posts
I guess i am backwards, i have a raven stryker and ordered the chrome swepts just do something different, I will post pics, supposed to be here tomorrow:)

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
dutchs said:
I guess i am backwards, i have a raven stryker and ordered the chrome swepts just do something different, I will post pics, supposed to be here tomorrow:)
look forward to seeing them for sure...

·
Registered
157 Posts
I am a big fan of black on black, i want to black a few things out, hoping that the chrome pipes will be a good accent, I think that it will carry your eyes from teh front to the back of the bike.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I'll be putting the Vance and Hines 2-2 on when they come out in black. I like the street sweeper style look.

·
Registered
157 Posts
All very nice pipes from V&H, just not willing to wait, I just put the cobra swepts on tonight, love them. Pictures will follow when i get it back from the dealership, getting the valves adjusted.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I called Vance & Hines about the 2 into 2 big radius, and they told me the week of July 17th will be the release!!
I am patient because I don't really mind the stock exhaust sound with my Cat mod, but don't like the looks ;)

·
Registered
103 Posts
dutchs said:
All very nice pipes from V&H, just not willing to wait, I just put the cobra swepts on tonight, love them. Pictures will follow when i get it back from the dealership, getting the valves adjusted.
Whats up w the valves??

·
Registered
157 Posts
I am finding out that i have had the wool pulled over my eyes. The dealer told me that this bike required valve adjustment every 4K, so i believed them, but according to the stryker manual that was supplied on this forum (and Yamaha) they require valve adjustments every 16K!!! Kind of mad right now, plan on calling the dealer in the morning and hashing it out. They planned on charging me $150 plus parts (valve cover gaskets, etc...)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts