Yamaha Star Stryker banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
New forward controls available. These are the best looking and best priced you will find. These are actual forward control sets, not just extensions for the ugly stock controls. Jono is also looking into doing sets that don't have any extension for those with short legs or awkward placed exhausts.

https://www.jonoscruisercustoms.com.au/yamaha-stryker-forward-controls
Personal choice on the "best looking".
For a about $150 more you can get yourself a set of Supreme Legend forward controls. You have a selection of styles.
Don't get me wrong, those forwards aren't bad. They resemble what I had on my Honda Spirit with MAPAM forwards.
I don't like the look of the brake mechanism just hanging out in the wind on the ones you posted about. Again, personal perspective.
I may be bias in my opinion having the Supreme Legends on my bike now.

At least these will give people another option to look at.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Supreme legends are more than an extra $150. These are about $395-400 usd as opposed to closer to $700 usd. Adding postage on to get them from the US they just aren't worth it for me. As for selection of styles these fit all HD style pegs and boards

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Supreme legends are more than an extra $150. These are about $395-400 usd as opposed to closer to $700 usd. Adding postage on to get them from the US they just aren't worth it for me. As for selection of styles these fit all HD style pegs and boards

I don't think I"m that bad at math.
Your link shows $550.00 for those forwards, a bit off of your $395-400. Maybe the price went up? Doesn't indicate free shipping, so we could factor that cost as well.

I will stand by my math of $150 (pricing on the Supreme Legends include freight to the lower 48), you can actually get the difference down a bit depending on the style.

I'm not knocking the forwards you posted, it's great to see some more options out there. Everyone's tastes are different, best looking is definitely in the eye of the beholder. These would be another option for people not willing to spend the extra $$ to get Supreme Legends.

It's definitely worth supporting Jono and his efforts. He's supplying parts for the metric market. He should use your pictures on his site. The one's on his site when I looked, look like the prototype and possibly not finished

Attachments

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
I didn't see that it was listed in Aussie $$'s.

Definitely a good deal for you guys over there. Anything shipped from here will cost you for freight across the pond.

If shipping these to the US or Canada as well as customs/brokerage isn't bad, they are a good option for someone looking to get into a set that is looking for a more custom look than extending the stock pegs.

You guys know how expensive it is to ship stuff from the US to Australia, so I could only imagine it'd be the same coming back this way.

We get jammed on freight and exchange on the CDN vs US dollars. Everything in US funds is 35% more to us in CDN

Now it's too bad someone in the US or Canada isn't making sets like that.
Supreme Legends aren't for those trying to save a buck. They cost a fair bit (About $1000 CDN right now), but their quality does show. I just didn't want the extensions I had originally purchased.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts