Yamaha Star Stryker banner

New Member From Australia - 2016 Stryker

686 views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  plisken 
#1 ·
So here in Australia, we need to ride little 650cc bikes for a few years and I looked like a huge bear on a scooter. Passed my upgrade test in December and was immediately looking for a new bike. Test rode a Victory Jackpot before I stumbled across a Stryker and it was a very hard battle picking between them. In the end, black > chrome.

Picked this up from a guy interstate, 11,000kms on it (7000ish miles for the non superior metric users :sneaky:) Got it far cheaper than the dealership I test rode one at and it has most of the basic stuff done to it. Best part is, it looks absolutely brand new.

• Vance and Hines Pipes
  • PowerCommander V
  • Justified Cruiser Customs Tail Tidy
  • LED Headlight
  • Battery charger under seat
Next:
  • Take it in for a service and look over
  • Justified Cruiser Customs Forward Controls - Ordered
  • Look at perhaps getting the seat redone to better suit me.
  • 240 rear tyre (this one looks fairly new).
  • Get rid of the last bits of chrome - handlebar bar ends, headlight trim, forks.
  • Id like a hypercharger but seems finding one for a stryker is quite difficult now.

Wouldnt mind some of the Low and Mean stuff - but shipping just makes them a bit silly priced.

Tire Fuel tank Wheel Automotive fuel system Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Sky Vehicle

See less See more
#2 ·
Congrats! Fine lookin' ride.

Since you seem to be a fella who likes nice looking de-chromed bikes... Notice how the rear brake disc inner is a silver giant finned plate thing offsetting the rest of the bike visuals? You can either buy a black one from Yamaha, paint it, or remove it entirely.

#3 ·
the rear brake disc inner is a silver giant finned plate thing
It'll vanish when I do the rear tyre, Im waiting for the control extension to arrive, but we have to take our bikes in for a full safety check when we buy/sell a vehicle. Im lowkey hoping they tell me it needs a rear tyre just to make me to do it.

But also not because I just spent 12 grand -.-

#5 ·
the forward control extensions have become one of my favorite mods on this bike, totally made it more comfortable
Yeah i kinda dont really have a choice either. I have to physically move my entire leg, instead of simply moving my feet. I can operate the bike fine enough but japanese bikes just arent made for 6 foot 5 guys.

Even the Jackpot I rode I would've needed to move it forward slightly. I came off a Kawasaki Vulcan 650 and it had all the extended parts. Really keen to do it, then once that changes the seating position ill look at the seat and see if I need to bother. Might just be one of those really down the line things thats nice to upgrade rather than need to do.

#8 ·
Hi welcome!. Big GS's or similars maybe are better suited for taller guys but aren't our game, right?. True that the stryker is not short at all, ergo at ride is a personal thing..; In first rides I encountered handlebar too much raked and replaced for a more straight one, just my habits!.
The closets thing to a hypercharger is the Cobra powrflo but I don't know If It's on sale.
A friend has a High ball, a similar one CC apart, a very clean bike in design and detail.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.