Yamaha Star Stryker banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, thought I better register and introduce myself as this forum has been a wealth of knowledge for me over the last couple of months.
Decided a stryker was for me a few months back and after looking at a few (not a massive amount for sale over here) I picked up an awesome 2015 with low kms about a month ago.
the previous owner had done an amazing job with a few mods on the bike and had kept it clean as! So I haven’t had to really do much other than blacking out the last few bits of chrome on the fork tubes (maybe a little bit more to go), and added a Speedo healer also as it was reading about 10km over at 100km.

Things on the to do list are:
  • New set of Avons with a 240 for rear
  • Fix fast led indicator flash
  • relocate the horn

other than that I’m just loving this thing right now - it’s my first cruiser after riding only sport bikes in the past and then not riding for the last 10 years, I was honestly blown away how easy this bike is to manage and handle - it just feels so natural and I’m regularly reminding myself to chill when old sport bike feelings take over and I find myself scraping it all over the place! Fantastic bike I couldn’t be happier to be an owner.
Fuel tank Tire Wheel Motorcycle Automotive lighting

Fuel tank Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Super Moderator
867 Posts
Beautiful, that color pattern is my all time favourite... although I own the green, which is definitely faster 😀

Welcome from Vancouver Island, Canada.

I predict you will have many happy hours on your great machine. These bikes are amazing.

·
Registered
301 Posts
check out the front faring from low and mean > I think it would look good on your bike .

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys! The low and mean chin cover is certainly something on the list, but with Shipping costs it might be down the track a bit.

i have ticked a couple of easy fixes off my list though - horn relocated to sort of underneath/behind radiator, and hyper flashing indicators fixed.

New tires in a few weeks, now tossing up between metzeler ME880, 888, or Avon cobras - any thoughts?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts