Yamaha Star Stryker banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning everyone! I have a 2012 Stryker and love her! However, at 19,000+ miles, my clutch cable shredded while coming to a red light. We are going to try and rebuild it...if that doesn't work, only out small $$. Will order new assembly from Yamaha if we have to. lol

·
Super Moderator
893 Posts
Hey Janet! Great to have you here! It's a pretty easy replacement to do if you have a new factory cable. Low & Mean used to sell an aftermarket cable that reduced clutch pull by around 50%, but I see they don't list it anymore (might want to call and ask). I generally carry one of those inexpensive cable repair kits from Amazon on long trips. They come with spare interior cable and screw on barrel ends and you can fix pretty much any cable temporarily.

·
Super Moderator
893 Posts
Also, call sscustomcycle.com and ask how much a custom cable goes for. They are probably much better made than the stock cable, and may have interior sheathing that makes for a very smooth clutch. Just an idea. Hope you are getting it fixed!

·
Registered
2012 stryker
56 Posts
Good morning everyone! I have a 2012 Stryker and love her! However, at 19,000+ miles, my clutch cable shredded while coming to a red light. We are going to try and rebuild it...if that doesn't work, only out small $$. Will order new assembly from Yamaha if we have to. lol
Welcome Janet. I just bought a 2012 myself with about 18 k miles on it . ... what color did you get? Mine is the yellow / red , copper. I was told it has 25 more hp. than the other colors. 😎

1 - 8 of 8 Posts