Yamaha Star Stryker banner

New mods ordered

5K views 29 replies 11 participants last post by  onebadstryker 
#1 · (Edited)
New mods with pics

Just ordered my rear fender rack and parts unlimited solo low rider seat. Also ordered my air intake yesterday, got the SS Custom Cycle Chopper series with the black Iron Cross cover.

Two things I'm looking to get ordered today are my grips and a set of mirrors.

Aren't our grips just like the V-Stars and just plain 1" grips? Or do we need a special type of grip for these bikes, haven't taken mine off yet to look.

Looking at these or the Avon ones with spikes.

http://www.jpcycles.com/product/ZZ50187

#9 · (Edited)
Well noticed today my belt had a small fray on it and so I tried adjusting the belt wnd couldn't seem to get it. Ended up pillimg my side mount plate off and tryimg to adjust it since the plate kept moving when I tightened axle.

So pulled license plate and mounted to rear foot pegs and took the bile to dealer to adjust belt....qtd $35 and should have it back in the am. Said the small fray shouldnt cause any problems it was very small.

So far rear rack is the only part to come in, headlight and black fender stay should be in today and air intake and grips in monday.....then seat sometime in the next 2 weeks.

EDIT:

Fender stays, headlight, grips and light bracket all came in today. Air intake will be in Monday and seat will be in Thursday.

#10 ·
Of course we will need pics!

#19 ·
Thx, getting bike out of the shop tomorrow and will be installing all my parts Saturday.

Will put up some new pics when i get it mostly done, kind of worried about the headlight don't know if i can cut off all the excess wires or if i should put them under the tank like a lot of other people.

#20 · (Edited)
Got it out of the shop today from getting a new axle and nut then having the belt adjusted, now i got the creaking sound from belt when I'm rolling slow but they said its normal with a correct adjustment so I'm sticking with it.

Have got everything installed but the headlight and new passenger foot peg plate mount.

New rear fender rack, parts unlimited solo seat with flame stitching, black fender stays, kurykan grips, SS custom cycles air intake. Installed every last piece of this in around an hour.

Thx, usmarinedelta for the fender stays and the headlight.

A question I have on the headlight is how do we get our headlight off. I see the two bolts that hold the bracket on but the bolts holding the headlight to the bracket don't have any edges they are smooth.

#23 · (Edited)
#24 ·
My thoughts. ... lose the rear brake dust cover, the 2nd choice for the front turn signal. What about the rear brake light? CustomLED with integrated turn signal or some have the Kawasaki brake light.

I like the low seat, I have the parts unlimited solo seat but its not the low version, I think the low version sits 1/2" to 1" lower.

Bike looks good

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.