Yamaha Star Stryker banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys this is my 2016 Stryker, feel free to tell me your thoughts? I’m currently looking to do a few mods and need your feedback, I want to upgrade the wheels 23” or 26” front wheel 18” rear with 240 tyre, just wondering apart from matching rotor and front fender will I need to do anything else to fit the new front wheel? Also as you can see my Stryker is quite low will i have any dramas putting a 240 on the rear? Any feedback would be much appreciated, I’m new here please be gentle 😂

·
Super Moderator
‘13 Stryker
1,051 Posts
View attachment 123884 View attachment 123885 Hey guys this is my 2016 Stryker, feel free to tell me your thoughts? I’m currently looking to do a few mods and need your feedback, I want to upgrade the wheels 23” or 26” front wheel 18” rear with 240 tyre, just wondering apart from matching rotor and front fender will I need to do anything else to fit the new front wheel? Also as you can see my Stryker is quite low will i have any dramas putting a 240 on the rear? Any feedback would be much appreciated, I’m new here please be gentle 😂
Nice looking bike! Can’t comment on bigger wheels except I have drove a HD with a 30” front and it was a challenge to steer. It also did not have front brakes. I’d say going one size bigger probably wouldn’t be much of a change as far as steering. I would think it could affect speedo but can’t confirm.
As far as putting a 240 on-one of the best things I have done. You may have to adjust your slammed rear, it would depend on your weight and of course roads. Here in PA, with tons of hills, dips, potholes, between myself and the wife that’s an extra 450 lbs on the seat slamming is not an option. Also check the bolts that come through the rear fender , especially if you change from stock to backrest, as they do protrude and could cause issues.
Is that tire paint you used? I kind of like that touch!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice looking bike! Can’t comment on bigger wheels except I have drove a HD with a 30” front and it was a challenge to steer. It also did not have front brakes. I’d say going one size bigger probably wouldn’t be much of a change as far as steering. I would think it could affect speedo but can’t confirm.
As far as putting a 240 on-one of the best things I have done. You may have to adjust your slammed rear, it would depend on your weight and of course roads. Here in PA, with tons of hills, dips, potholes, between myself and the wife that’s an extra 450 lbs on the seat slamming is not an option. Also check the bolts that come through the rear fender , especially if you change from stock to backrest, as they do protrude and could cause issues.
Is that tire paint you used? I kind of like that touch!
Thanks mate, yeah I had the walls professionally painted, I’d say I will need to lift the rear slightly, when I had the mrs on the back hitting a decent pothole she scrubbs, thanks for the feedback man I will keep you guys posted with pics ect once I do more research and decide what to do

1 - 3 of 3 Posts