Yamaha Star Stryker banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to get new rims for my 2015 Stryker. I found a set of chrome ones at Pacific Coast Star, made by RC Components. However, the RC rep seems to feel there may be some fitment issues since their rear wheel comes in at 18x8.5 (our stock is 18x7.5). They have our stock size for the front, 21x3.5.

I know 18x8.5 is the stock size for the Raider rear wheel, and RC advertises that size for the Raider on their website. I could swear I read on this forum that the Raider rear wheel fits the Stryker, with maybe a little shaving on the lower belt guard needed to prevent rubbing.

If this is correct, then the rear belt pully and brake rotor should fit with no problem (the front brake rotor should fit due to the stock size matching). Do I have this right?

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
18 x 8.5 will fit without any issues. That's the width of the rim on mine. The 240 rear tire will be wider than the 240 mounted on the stock rim, but it fits without any issues.
Thank you for the follow up.

One last question - Is it better to order thru a 3rd party (Pacific Coast Star), or order direct from the manufacturer (RC Components), or does it really matter?

· Registered
1,519 Posts
I don't think it would matter. Pacific Coast Star would more thanlikely be buying them from RC or someone else. I don't think they manufacture their own.
My hubs and sprocket came from RC. The rims were manufactured my another machine shop, and they couldn't get the hubs right, and wound up ordering a set from RC.
Whoever gives you the best deal, or has what you are looking for.

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't think it would matter. Pacific Coast Star would more thanlikely be buying them from RC or someone else. I don't think they manufacture their own.
My hubs and sprocket came from RC. The rims were manufactured my another machine shop, and they couldn't get the hubs right, and wound up ordering a set from RC.
Whoever gives you the best deal, or has what you are looking for.
Got it. Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts