Yamaha Star Stryker banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Glad to be a part of the group, been reading a lot on here and found plenty useful info!! But i got a question "and yes i used the search feature to lol" So i'm talking performance only and not worried about the sound. I run the cobra full swept pipes and I'm wanting to know whats the route for my baffles? big city thunder baffles, pulling my baffles out and drilling out the center plate? i read a lot and seen that no baffles at all kills the torque.

·
Super Moderator
‘13 Stryker
935 Posts
Like most exhaust systems made they are tuned for peak performance from factory. Most have replaceable baffles and even different options to choose from. I know Cobra sweeps come with the quieter ones and also sell a competition one which is basically an open perforated tube that makes it louder with out sacrificing performance.
I run the V&H staggered and have run both types of quiet and the composition series baffles. I repacked both and also ran no packing to see if any performance difference and get the sound I was looking for. With the competition series which is the same as the cobra series open perforated baffles, I chose no packing it was a task to get the baffles installed and removed with packing on. I honestly didn’t feel any difference in performance, huge sound difference.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. I dont see anywhere on cobras site for competition baffle?

·
Super Moderator
‘13 Stryker
935 Posts
Thanks for the info. I dont see anywhere on cobras site for competition baffle?
I too could not find them on cobras website. Only aftermarket sites.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts