Yamaha Star Stryker banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I pulled my exhaust (V&H Big Radius) to heat wrap it. I. Oticed the O2 was unplugged (possibly to short). It does have aftermarket air fliter as well. I bought used so unaware if it has been flashed but I do not see a tuner.
How will this effect the bike, it seems to rode great to me except at low rpm with low mph (0-10) ?

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
You're going to open Pandora's Box with this one!! :) I'm definitely in the minority when I say you don't need a fuel programmer if you change pipes and intake. My reasoning is simple: Others say the freier flowing intake will throw off the AF ration but I say bunk. Unless pressurized(turbo or supercharged) you get X amount of air in the cylinder. It might come in easier and exit easier but the same amount of air and modern FI will adjust fuel as needed to and maintain what AF they programmed.
All that said, if the factory was a little lean, you'll be at the same leanness after changing out the parts. However, with no O2 sensor things are probably a little off since it is missing that data point...

Now let all the other folks post why I'm wrong... :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts