Yamaha Star Stryker banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there so I took my complete rear brake pedal off to paint it black and reinstalled it exactly how I took it off but now my brake lights aren’t working. Any ideas?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Sounds like the switch isn't contacting correctly. I will have to get a better look at mine but I think there is a spring that is involved in the switching mechanism that can be adjusted.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you could check yours out and let me know man that’d be great!
Sounds like the switch isn't contacting correctly. I will have to get a better look at mine but I think there is a spring that is involved in the switching mechanism that can be adjusted.

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Look at the service manual as it should have instructions on how to adjust.I cannot check mine since I go rid of the "oil rig" and went with a pressure switch. Highly recommend that mod if you are interested...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sweet as man what’re the benefits of having a pressure switch?
Look at the service manual as it should have instructions on how to adjust.I cannot check mine since I go rid of the "oil rig" and went with a pressure switch. Highly recommend that mod if you are interested...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You’re right there, looks much better without it. How much did that cost roughly?
Sweet as man what’re the benefits of having a pressure switch?
Aesthetics. The rear brake/horn area looks like it was added a a last minute item that they originally forgot...

Search here. I think lance has good pics of his before/after...

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
You’re right there, looks much better without it. How much did that cost roughly?
Probably $25. You need the pressure switch, new crush washers and the boot.

If doing the mod decide at the same time if you want forward controls and if you want/need to replace the brake line to SS. Granted those increase the mod price but if you are thinking about them makes sense to only do the labor once...

BTW, I also added speed bleeders when I replaced both my brake lines. make bleeding a simple 1 beer job vs. annoyingly frustrating. They are like $8 each and then about $7 in shipping...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts