Yamaha Star Stryker banner

Oil light

7K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  mikoloe 
#1 ·
Completed an oil change this weekend which seemingly went well. Level is fine sitting cold and hot. No leaks. Riding is fine until hitting about 75mph at which point the oil light comes on. Right back off after dropping down to 60 or so. Used Yamalube 10w40. Temps here in the KC area were 60ish. Any ideas??

#5 ·
Agree probably just a tad low.

<Rant>
Hate, hate, hate the freaking window. Total PITA and unless you have a full lift you are crawling on the floor. Even if you don't DIY the oil changes it's still the same PITA to check the level. Yamaha dropped the ball on this one. Many good things on the bike but this isn't one of them.
<End of Rant>

#11 ·
Mine would do the exact same thing. Everything was fine at lower speeds and then when I hit 65 - 70, or accelerated hard it would come on briefly. I was well above the line and it still did it. I just put up over the top of the window.

I keep it up that high now. My air filter will get a little blowback residue, but I just clean it out more often.

Dealer told me they see it all the time

#12 ·
Mine would do the exact same thing. Everything was fine at lower speeds and then when I hit 65 - 70, or accelerated hard it would come on briefly. I was well above the line and it still did it. I just put up over the top of the window.

I keep it up that high now. My air filter will get a little blowback residue, but I just clean it out more often.

Dealer told me they see it all the time
dude, there are people from other countries frontin on this site...what is with the loop back ip for location?

Yeah mine would turn on aobut 75-80 then turn off when I slowed down.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.