Yamaha Star Stryker banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Welcome to the new Yamaha Stryker forum!

We've been anxiously waiting for the arrival of the first Stryker at our local Yamaha dealership for the past 3 months. Well, on Friday of last week, the wait was over! Our new 2011 Reddish Copper bike was assembled Monday, and is ready for pick up.

Our goal is to provide wide tire kits, air ride suspension, flowing matched hand made frame accents, chrome rims/ pulleys/ parts, and much much more.

I'll upload some pics of the bike as soon as its in our possesion, in our snow covered parking lot!

Stay tuned for an amazing line up of custom parts for this awesome bike from Yamaha....

-Matt
owner
PerformanceEDGE.US
330.633.6777
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Performance EDGE, 2011 Stryker Build

Ok, the wait is over, its finally here at our shop.....

The snow couldn't stop the delivery of the first Stryker in the area on 12.16.10!

Fitted with a 18 x 8.5 "wet chrome" Performance EDGE rear rim, with a Metz 260mm tire

Rolls into the arm, with lots of room on both sides of the tire.

We'll determine tomorrow if the tire can clear the internal rear fender stays

This is one beautiful bike for sure....

http://www.yamahastarstryker.com/gallery/8_17_12_10_6_44_21.jpeg

http://www.yamahastarstryker.com/gallery/8_17_12_10_6_47_16.jpeg

http://www.yamahastarstryker.com/gallery/8_17_12_10_6_46_43.jpeg

http://www.yamahastarstryker.com/gallery/8_17_12_10_6_46_03.jpeg

http://www.yamahastarstryker.com/gallery/8_17_12_10_6_48_27.jpeg
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Performance EDGE, 2011 Stryker Build

Here's our progress at the shop on the new Stryker:

We test fit a chrome 18 x 8.5 Raider rear wheel, with a Metz 260mm tire on it in the arm. Lots of room on both sides of the tire using the stock arm. The rear fender on the Stryker does have internal fender stays that are part of the frame. The tire clears the internal fender stays, with about a credit card thickness of clearance on each side. (Looks like somebody at yamaha did their home work for sure)

We've got some plans here in the shop to do a 18 x 10.5 rear rim with a 300mm tire on it, and a contour rear fender with internal fender stays that will bolt to the stock steel frame.


The front rim on Stryker has a single disc braking set up. This would be a fantastic mod to Raiders, who want more exposure of the front rim, without commiting to a expensive billet (and heavy) front rim. We test fit a raider front rim on the bike, and both bikes do share the exact same front rim, axle, bearings, bearing spacers, and wheel spacers. The rotor bolt pattern is the same for the raider/stryker, so the front rim is interchangable between the two models.

Wide tire kits, custom contour rear fenders, air ride systems, raked triple trees, frame covers, side mount license plate bracket, a fully functional SAC, (and more) all are items on our full build with this new Yamaha model.

Good job to Yamaha for bringing the "Little brother" to the Raider, to the streets for 2011!

-Matt
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Performance EDGE, 2011 Stryker Build

Well, our 18 x 10.5 rear rim is here in the shop, all mockups have been successful, now its time to remove the arm, and start cutting!

We will be making a custom jig to hold the arm, so that every single 300mm cut will be just like the first arm that Justin and I will do, (perfect!)

Kits will be available in stock finish, painted gloss black, and chrome....

300mm Metz tire, contour rear fender with LED run/turn/brake tail lights, and constructed internal fender stays...





 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
8,694 Posts
I am interested also, How is this coming along??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24 Posts
Talked with him the other day on the phone....the kit is basically done...Hes just trying to come up with price and he will be posting soon. I understand...got to get all the details worked out. Gonna be a nice mod for the Stryker. I think/hope it will be affordable so quite a few folks can afford to do it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,585 Posts
For real man.... Any new updates? L&M is laggin.... If u guys have stuff for my ride then lets c it pls.... i got DP's to burn lol... Responsibly
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,585 Posts
cbrmat said:
Welcome to the new Yamaha Stryker forum!

We've been anxiously waiting for the arrival of the first Stryker at our local Yamaha dealership for the past 3 months. Well, on Friday of last week, the wait was over! Our new 2011 Reddish Copper bike was assembled Monday, and is ready for pick up.

Our goal is to provide wide tire kits, air ride suspension, flowing matched hand made frame accents, chrome rims/ pulleys/ parts, and much much more.

I'll upload some pics of the bike as soon as its in our possesion, in our snow covered parking lot!

Stay tuned for an amazing line up of custom parts for this awesome bike from Yamaha....

-Matt
owner
PerformanceEDGE.US
330.633.6777
Hey soooo whats up with this mod???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,568 Posts
They must have fell off the face of the earth, it's nearly been a year since they posted about doing great things for the Styker...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,585 Posts
Bozzly said:
They must have fell off the face of the earth, it's nearly been a year since they posted about doing great things for the Styker...
Yahh i know mann.... they could have been makin $$$$ off of us on this site. I would have loved to see how that would look on the STRYKER
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Re: Re: Performance EDGE, 2011 Stryker Build, 300mm Kit

WLFPAK65 said:
Bozzly said:
They must have fell off the face of the earth, it's nearly been a year since they posted about doing great things for the Styker...
Yahh i know mann.... they could have been makin $$$$ off of us on this site. I would have loved to see how that would look on the STRYKER
No kidding. But their website doesn't reflect much of anything for any bike. Wonder if the company just stalled.
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
8,694 Posts
They are still going and great people to work with. They have alot more than website shows. Call Matt or Mike at 330-633-6777. I just ordered their integrated taillamp this week for my stryker.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
167 Posts
They are really good guys to work with. Very helpful answering questions and giving suggestions. I am working with them now on a chrome 8.5 with 260 kit for my Stryker.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
471 Posts
11Stryker said:
They are still going and great people to work with. They have alot more than website shows. Call Matt or Mike at 330-633-6777. I just ordered their integrated taillamp this week for my stryker.
Any picture of that kit somewhere on the net!?
 
1 - 20 of 52 Posts
Top