Yamaha Star Stryker banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
2012 stryker
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My bike 2012 , came with pcV , v/h exhaust and cobra air intake. So it's running rich . I'm wondering if I should take off the PC V and go with the fi2000 ... I'm no mechanic, so 1st question is would it be difficult? Second, would the fi2000 go on without difficulty?? 3rd question, anyone live in Florida who can do this for me and I'll pay you with a six pack , 馃槅, joking .

Registered
Hi, I have the FI2000 - cobra powrflo filter- aftermarket GPR muffler and happy with It, -no popping on decel-; its a first gen controller with a default setting according to your bike that can easy manually fine tune with three dials -low, med, high by trial- error method-, the PCV is more advanced with more options via laptop, other accessories and without O2 sensor I think, the FI2000 has two versions -with or without-.

The installation is about the same but better with experienced help..

I think It depends in how deep you want to go into..

There is a lot of old theads about It here, full of bad experiences ;)

Registered
2012 stryker
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, I have the FI2000 - cobra powrflo filter- aftermarket GPR muffler and happy with It, -no popping on decel-; its a first gen controller with a default setting according to your bike that can easy manually fine tune with three dials -low, med, high by trial- error method-, the PCV is more advanced with more options via laptop, other accessories and without O2 sensor I think, the FI2000 has two versions -with or without-.

The installation is about the same but better with experienced help..

I think It depends in how deep you want to go into..

There is a lot of old theads about It here, full of bad experiences ;)
Well bad experiences a lot of times have to do with bad installation 馃槅. I don't know any product that you can look up and not find bad reviews.... ie... "" I couldn't get it started!!! ""
Hello, did you plug it in??? . Anyway, since the PCV is already in, I'm going to pull the map . I already know what it's supposed to look like and I'll bet this axxhole who mapped it gave it off the charts numbers, and that's why it's running so rich ( black spark plugs )

1 - 4 of 4 Posts