Yamaha Star Stryker banner

Plate LEDs for a curved vertical side mount......?

9K views 25 replies 10 participants last post by  strykers13 
#1 ·
I'm just curious of what kind of LED license plate setups you all have seen in your online browsing..... I'm looking for something that could illuminate my curved, vertical side mount license plate. I've got a pair of the individual license plate bolt lights, but I'd like to find something that will work a bit better..... I've seen some that go length wise along the vertical side mounts for the STRAIGHT plate mounts, but nothing of that type for the curved plate mounts..... anyone out there seen anything?

This is my side mount:

See less See more
#3 ·
hey skem.. hit up Shimbo.. he referred me over to a site once that did curved or at least bendable LED's.

btw.. are you required to show the inspection sticker like that? curious just cuz as you know i'm in the process of finishing up my plate re-MOVE-al and hate to think maybe i need to change something.

#5 ·
Well, they're "supposed" to be able to see the inspection sticker from the rear of a motorcycle and near the license plate.... For me, the solution I did worked out best for me and was easy to fabricate, but as long as you have an up-to-date inspection sticker visible anywhere in the vicinity of your license plate, they tend to leave ya' alone anyway here in Texas at least. All of my sport bikes had the sticker stuck on the actual swing arm and I never had an issue.

#8 ·
Yose is rite.. Your gonna have a hard time looking for that exact type of led's unless u fab up something that's 90d'z curved... All of chrome glows stuff is 1 directional for the most part... Check out streetfx lights that's prolly ur best bet... They have led's that has a square bottom so u can 3m tape it in thedirection you want?? They also have individual rectangle type pods and they do come in white

#9 ·
have you thought of the Kurakyn license bolt on lights? top and the bottom facing each other. yea i know that's four wires.. but just saying.

#11 ·
crazy8ight said:
have you thought of the Kurakyn license bolt on lights? top and the bottom facing each other. yea i know that's four wires.. but just saying.
Yea, I had been considering that as an option as well, but hoping to find something a lil different.... been diggin' around online for a past few hours and found some various ideas I could probably work with..... so I'll give it till the end of next week when I've got some loot in hand again and I'll grab a couple different types to try out.

#14 ·
I'm sure you could use something from their site, but I was looking for something small and a type of light that can be focused or directed more directly towards the plate.... and that's not something I found at their site, so I went with the bolt lights which worked out better than I thought they would on my curved plate mount. :)

#15 ·
I'm waiting to do LED's till I can get the Low and Mean rear fender in the group buy. My plan is to mount an LED pod somewhere that will focus light on my plate. I have something similar to yours but I don't ride much at night so it's not really all that important me as of now.

#22 ·
Its a device that helps on the East/West expressway so you don't have to stop at every toll booth to pay. You open an account that is prepaid and you just cruise thru the lane that's for epass holders. Saves a bunch of time and digging for coins. They also work on the turnpike with Sunpass.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.