Yamaha Star Stryker banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
403 Posts
It's an add on. Do yourself a favor and just get the ECU flash from ivan. If you buy a PCV through him he will send you a map to work with his tune.
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
8,693 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
906 Posts
Don't do it.... these guys are crazy.... Not good at all.


















Nah just kidding....... do it!!! Best thing you could do.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Time to make a road trip in a few weeks. There office is only 2 hrs from my house. Thanks guys. ECM reflash ..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
906 Posts
Good idea! I waited to do this as one of my last mods because I was using the c0 mod to remove popping on my slip on. That worked fine but the ecu flash really does make the bike run a ton better because of the ignition curve retune and the way the fuel is supplied. This would be my first mod if i had to do it again. My next will probably be an air box and pcfc. You won't need a pcv anymore with the flash... Just a fuel controller is needed (don't need ignition features) and Ivan sells that with the flash if you wanted.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I have the hypercharger already. Vance and Hines pipe's are on order. I did get to talk with Ivan side kick on the ECM flash. ECM flash is 90% of fixing everything. But if your real anal about being perfect. Then you buy the Commender to fix the other 10%. So I figured. What the ****. Mine as well just buy the Commender. Save money and problem fixed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
229 Posts
Well I have the hypercharger already. Vance and Hines pipe's are on order. I did get to talk with Ivan side kick on the ECM flash. ECM flash is 90% of fixing everything. But if your real anal about being perfect. Then you buy the Commender to fix the other 10%. So I figured. What the ****. Mine as well just buy the Commender. Save money and problem fixed.
They are both "Power Commanders".
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
229 Posts
If you ask Ivan for a Power Commander, he is going to sell you the PCFC, not the PCV.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If you ask Ivan for a Power Commander, he is going to sell you the PCFC, not the PCV.
If you specifically ask for a power commander 5 you will get a power commander 5 but they do cost more and in Ivins opinion they are unnecessary after his tune.
You are correct. That's why I'm just going to get ecm flashed. Every bike is different just like a car. If the Ivan ecm mod don't do its job. Then I will go that route of a tuner. Any time you start messing with air or fuel of a engine. One or 2 things can happen. It can go south really bad or its going to run great.

Buddy of my is a Yamaha tech. He said get ecm flash. Run the bike 50 miles and then check spark plugs. If you get no back fire and the sparks have light tan color. Your good..
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top