Yamaha Star Stryker banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In desperate need of some knowledge. 2011 Stryker running great. I’m a long time rider but not very handy. Installed new cobra swept pipes. Starts up, sounds great in first gear. Second gear however, bike loses power and stalls. I know I know, running lean and I need a flash. But I was under the impression that with a stock air intake this bike could handle a simple exhaust swap. Was I wrong? Do I need a flash as well? Or did I mess something else up like not changing out the original O2 censor? Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
867 Posts
From what I understand based on conversations with my Yamaha mechanic, you need a fuel controller when installing Cobra Swept pipes. Those are the ones he installed for me, and put on a Fi2000 fuel controller when doing so.

Some of the other fellas might have more info, but from everything I know, you will need some sort of fuel controller or Ivan's flash.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok thank you Draeger! I was hoping with just the pipes it would be okay. I know once the air intake is swapped out then it for sure becomes a problem but it looks like I’ve already got that problem. Thank you for your much needed assistance.

·
Super Moderator
867 Posts
Ya man, no problem. The fuel controller is easy to install. Once you do, just set all three dials (if it's a manual FI controller) to twelve o'clock and go for a burn. Pump it up to high revs and then stop after a few minutes and wipe a cloth on the rear tailpipes. If you have black carbon, turn down the 'high' or third dial a bit. That's what I did. It means it's burning too much fuel at high revs, from what I understand.

I think the new fuel controllers are automatic and just are plug and play, but not sure since I had the older mechanical version.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts