Yamaha Star Stryker banner

Problem after cobra swept install

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Draeger 
From what I understand based on conversations with my Yamaha mechanic, you need a fuel controller when installing Cobra Swept pipes. Those are the ones he installed for me, and put on a Fi2000 fuel controller when doing so.

Some of the other fellas might have more info, but from everything I know, you will need some sort of fuel controller or Ivan's flash.

Ya man, no problem. The fuel controller is easy to install. Once you do, just set all three dials (if it's a manual FI controller) to twelve o'clock and go for a burn. Pump it up to high revs and then stop after a few minutes and wipe a cloth on the rear tailpipes. If you have black carbon, turn down the 'high' or third dial a bit. That's what I did. It means it's burning too much fuel at high revs, from what I understand.

I think the new fuel controllers are automatic and just are plug and play, but not sure since I had the older mechanical version.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.