Yamaha Star Stryker banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
20 Posts
I'm with you on this one Natedog! The Cobra swept have an amazing sound and It's great around town or cruising at low speed but when you add winds + pipes + any type of wall or rock structure (sound rebound) = imminent earing impaired situation! I'd really like to know if anyone had those quiet baffles or if only solution is ear plugs.

· Registered
517 Posts
Interesting.....

Seems most people would like louder pipes but your suggesting the Swepts are a bit too loud for your taste...

I've been thinking about adding pipes so to be louder (drilled now), but it's doubtful I'll spend the cash until I can hear a set of V&H's or Cobra's on a Stryker, in person. Since it's not likely I'll actually have that opportunity, may never actually get the pipes.

· Registered
167 Posts
I'd be interested in seeing the comments on this one. I like the look of the Cobra swepts, but I don't want it to be ridiculously annoying to ride afterwards. A little more noise is a good thing....being deafened is something else.

· Registered
1,570 Posts
I have the swepts also and think they sound great. I do find when wearing the fullface helmet the rumble resonates inside of it. I also don't have a good helmet that reduces alot of the outside noises either so that might be a factor with the resonating issue. When I wear the half helmet I can't hear the pipes over the wind noise anyway.

They aren't over the top loud, but they make enough noise for people to hear me.

· Registered
956 Posts
The_Joker said:
Interesting.....

Seems most people would like louder pipes but your suggesting the Swepts are a bit too loud for your taste...

I've been thinking about adding pipes so to be louder (drilled now), but it's doubtful I'll spend the cash until I can hear a set of V&H's or Cobra's on a Stryker, in person. Since it's not likely I'll actually have that opportunity, may never actually get the pipes.
I like loud pipes but sometimes think there is such a thing as over kill. I went with the slip-on and when you get on it you can really enjoy it but when you are at cruising speed they aren't over the top which is nice so you can hear other things around you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.