Yamaha Star Stryker banner

201 - 220 of 259 Posts

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
snowman68 said:
AuburnStryker said:
Have bought 2 of these **** lights. A row of lights went out on the first one on the second day. Figured it was bad and bought another one. After 2 weeks I now have 2 rows of LEDs out. Do not buy the Kawi integrated light off eBay. Should I go with chrome glow or low and mean led kit?
I'll say it again if you can wait custom led is in process of making tail light for the Stryker. Made in the USA not china
Dude, don't go slammin China. My whole dang bike was made over there lol

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
I've got the full led version. I had the top red bar only version but my tire ate it.

Like I said, this thing tests out perfectly, I'm just going with the L&M kit to provide more clearance so that doesn't happen to me again. If anybody wants it let me know. 25$ shipped

·
Registered
741 Posts
bimperial1 said:
Now snowman, cant you tell that we all are VERY unpatient lol
I've learned good things come to those who wait that's why I waited 20 some years for this bike ;). BUT I have called them a few times to get info.... I want it NOW **** it

·
Registered
741 Posts
immortal13 said:
snowman68 said:
AuburnStryker said:
Have bought 2 of these **** lights. A row of lights went out on the first one on the second day. Figured it was bad and bought another one. After 2 weeks I now have 2 rows of LEDs out. Do not buy the Kawi integrated light off eBay. Should I go with chrome glow or low and mean led kit?
I'll say it again if you can wait custom led is in process of making tail light for the Stryker. Made in the USA not china
Dude, don't go slammin China. My whole dang bike was made over there lol
Not slammin if the have some one looking over what they are making its ok but if left to their one devices you get lead painted toys, poisoned baby food, poisoned dog treats and kaw led tail lights that burn out :)

·
Registered
354 Posts
I find it funny that its American companies shipping the work overseas, demanding the lowest prices, going with the lowest bidding factory, failing to perform safety checks. And we blame the Chinese. That's like if I took my bike to the guy who offered to do the cheapest repair on my bike, didn't check the work, then blamed him for anything that went wrong. At some point don't we ake responsibility for our own actions? Sorry for the small rant I just get tired of people always passing the blame.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
immortal13 said:
I have 3 leds not working on this brand new Kawi light. This baby's going back to the seller. Glad I ordered the L&M kit now
Laaame! Let me know how that goes. I may be following your footsteps soon. I just had a third LED go out after fixing the last two.

Otherwise, anyone know any definitive sellers for the dual dye LEDs?

·
2,670 Posts
immortal13 said:
I have 3 leds not working on this brand new Kawi light. This baby's going back to the seller. Glad I ordered the L&M kit now
dammit man. I'm not even opening the package on the replacement kawi light they sent me. I'm sure I'll keep having the same issues.

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
Dude I feel bad for recommending this **** thing. I swear the first Kawi light I bought looked and worked beautifully. It was the one with just the top row red leds and bottom amber leds for turns. I preferred this one to the full led version. It worked great until I had the little mishap where the plate bracket bottomed out on the tire. Don't know what else to say other than I'm sorry I ever recommended it. It seemed like the best looking and affordable option. I'm installing the L&M led kit tonight.

·
2,670 Posts
immortal13 said:
Dude I feel bad for recommending this **** thing. I swear the first Kawi light I bought looked and worked beautifully. It was the one with just the top row red leds and bottom amber leds for turns. I preferred this one to the full led version. It worked great until I had the little mishap where the plate bracket bottomed out on the tire. Don't know what else to say other than I'm sorry I ever recommended it. It seemed like the best looking and affordable option. I'm installing the L&M led kit tonight.
No worries man it's all good. The kawi light definitely does look awesome. I’m just rocking mine with some of the running light LED's not working. I'll keep an eye out for better options. Are you pretty happy with the L&M option? I recall that some complained about poor LED visibility and whatnot…what’s your take on that?

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
Well it looks slick and works perfectly. At night it's super bright. Haven't had a chance to look at it in the bright sun to see how visible the brake and turn functions are...but I will do that soon. My business has been crazy busy lately

I will say it's well made and the mount it comes on is very sturdy and well built. It also provides extra clearance for those of us with the 2.25 drop and 240 tires.

·
2,670 Posts
immortal13 said:
Well it looks slick and works perfectly. At night it's super bright. Haven't had a chance to look at it in the bright sun to see how visible the brake and turn functions are...but I will do that soon. My business has been crazy busy lately

I will say it's well made and the mount it comes on is very sturdy and well built. It also provides extra clearance for those of us with the 2.25 drop and 240 tires.
Have they corrected the turn signal rear visibility issue that folks complained about? I asked L&M directly in another thread and they didn't reply

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
It's definitely over a little too much to the sides. I'm sure at night it's fine...not sure about day. It's also red just like the brake and tail light, so it doesn't really stand out. I'm a notorious head-checker, so I'm not worried about the turns as much as I am the brake light visibility. At night it glows, but like I said I'm going to have to have a buddy ride in front of me while I follow in a car and see for myself what the daytime visibility is. I'll post more feedback when I do that.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I bought this light based on recommendation and the left side of LEDs went out. I hit the light a few times and it'll come back on. I soldered the connections do I know those are good. I like this light and might order the clear blue one or another smoke one eventually. The turns work fine and the left lights up sometimes :(

·
8,693 Posts
I have a Stryker Taillite modified from Performance Edge that is Integrated and I had no problems with it on my bike. Price was cheaper than what most of you guys are going thru without all the headaches. Just contact them or do an ebay search with Raider Integrated and you will find them. CBRMatt is user ID. Just call number in listing. Comes with equalizer and switch for flashing brake light also. here is link to one of their listings. Contact them and they have the Stryker Integrated also, just not a separate ebay listing. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-Roadstar-RAIDER-Integrated-Tail-light-/390407402173?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item5ae61832bd

·
Registered
171 Posts
11Stryker said:
I have a Stryker Taillite modified from Performance Edge that is Integrated and I had no problems with it on my bike. Price was cheaper than what most of you guys are going thru without all the headaches. Just contact them or do an ebay search with Raider Integrated and you will find them. CBRMatt is user ID. Just call number in listing. Comes with equalizer and switch for flashing brake light also. here is link to one of their listings. Contact them and they have the Stryker Integrated also, just not a separate ebay listing. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-Roadstar-RAIDER-Integrated-Tail-light-/390407402173?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item5ae61832bd
Can you please show us some pictures of your modified tail light ?

·
8,693 Posts
later pic
Earlier pic

·
2,670 Posts
immortal13 said:
It's definitely over a little too much to the sides. I'm sure at night it's fine...not sure about day. It's also red just like the brake and tail light, so it doesn't really stand out. I'm a notorious head-checker, so I'm not worried about the turns as much as I am the brake light visibility. At night it glows, but like I said I'm going to have to have a buddy ride in front of me while I follow in a car and see for myself what the daytime visibility is. I'll post more feedback when I do that.
thanks for the info bud

201 - 220 of 259 Posts