Yamaha Star Stryker banner

221 - 240 of 259 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Has anyone heard any word on the Custom LED tail light that is being developed? I know i was told 4 weeks a couple weeks ago and signed up to be notified when its ready.
Has anyone heard anything... cost, release date, shape/style... I think it would be kinda nice if it was able to be tucked in kinda like the Raider tail light.

Have a good day

·
Registered
471 Posts
immortal13 said:
Zolemite said:
I bought this light based on recommendation and the left side of LEDs went out.
I'm sorry!!!! :-[
Hey Immortal don't feel bad ...you are not the manufacturer and few guys did not have problem with. Personally I did not installed mine yet, but I wonder (I don't have it here with me). Would it be easy to completely replace the leds inside it or it is pretty much sealed up.

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
Frag said:
immortal13 said:
Zolemite said:
I bought this light based on recommendation and the left side of LEDs went out.
I'm sorry!!!! :-[
Hey Immortal don't feel bad ...you are not the manufacturer and few guys did not have problem with. Personally I did not installed mine yet, but I wonder (I don't have it here with me). Would it be easy to completely replace the leds inside it or it is pretty much sealed up.
That would be a pain in the ass I bet

·
Registered
741 Posts
DeputyStryker said:
Has anyone heard any word on the Custom LED tail light that is being developed? I know i was told 4 weeks a couple weeks ago and signed up to be notified when its ready.
Has anyone heard anything... cost, release date, shape/style... I think it would be kinda nice if it was able to be tucked in kinda like the Raider tail light.

Have a good day
So far it's been 3 weeks since I called them. Figured I call again in 2 weeks. I would guess the price would be the same as raider and warrior unless the company making the lens jacks up the price.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Snowman, you beat me to it on telling everyone about the CUSTOM LED tail light.

·
Registered
471 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
I'm down with that.

·
Registered
741 Posts
See I told you lmao..... I like the strobe effect for when you find a H-D rider on side of the road and you don't want him to get hit by a car :)

·
2,670 Posts
snowman68 said:
See I told you lmao..... I like the strobe effect for when you find a H-D rider on side of the road and you don't want him to get hit by a car :)
lol good idea! If this little gem is priced anything like their Raider integrated light is it'll be around $130-160

·
Registered
623 Posts
I spoke with custom led about this light and I'd they were going to offer any specials or group buys and it didn't sound like they were going to offer anything.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Re: Re: R1 taillights

DeputyStryker said:
I spoke with custom led about this light and I'd they were going to offer any specials or group buys and it didn't sound like they were going to offer anything.
They might not offer but still we could still ask

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
471 Posts

Okda said:
DeputyStryker said:

Here is the answer I got from them ....

Hello Steph,

I have gotten a ton of interest so far on this tail light. The delay has been excruciating for us - as well as Stryker owners based on the eMails. In this particular case, we have teamed up with Custom Dynamics in the production of the lenses, and there have been some delays. Regardless, the best information I have at this point is 1-2 weeks. I have learned from experience not to set a date until the parts are in-hand and confirmed correct.

As for the group buy, to be honest, I don't think it's going to be beneficial for customers or for us. Group buys tend to delay ordering, and I'm sure most of our customers would rather have the first parts rather than a 5% discount and wait 2-3 weeks. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's what I have learned in the past in some other instances with group buys.

Anyway, pricing is not set yet, but we should be in the $120 - $135 range... unofficially of course :)

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Regards,

Jon
Custom LED

·
Banned
366 Posts
Cool Patrices new licence plate frame, light strip dose the same thing, yellow for signal, orange/red for running, and bright red for brakeing. i need somthing like that for my Roadliner.

·
2,670 Posts

Frag said:
Okda said:
DeputyStryker said:

Here is the answer I got from them ....

Hello Steph,

I have gotten a ton of interest so far on this tail light. The delay has been excruciating for us - as well as Stryker owners based on the eMails. In this particular case, we have teamed up with Custom Dynamics in the production of the lenses, and there have been some delays. Regardless, the best information I have at this point is 1-2 weeks. I have learned from experience not to set a date until the parts are in-hand and confirmed correct.

As for the group buy, to be honest, I don't think it's going to be beneficial for customers or for us. Group buys tend to delay ordering, and I'm sure most of our customers would rather have the first parts rather than a 5% discount and wait 2-3 weeks. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's what I have learned in the past in some other instances with group buys.

Anyway, pricing is not set yet, but we should be in the $120 - $135 range... unofficially of course :)

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Regards,

Jon
Custom LED
I wonder what the latest is on this light?

·
2,670 Posts
Bozzly said:
How can a group buy not be beneficial for customers, What a crock of **it....
His explanation seems pretty straight forward to me... "Group buys tend to delay ordering, and I'm sure most of our customers would rather have the first parts rather than a 5% discount and wait 2-3 weeks."

I agree with him too...I'd much rather pay full price and have my parts ship now than have to wait 2-3 weeks only to save like $5-10

221 - 240 of 259 Posts