Yamaha Star Stryker banner

241 - 259 of 259 Posts

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Okda said:
but we expect from a group buy to save more the 5% he mentioned, look at L&M's offer for example
Exactly, what I was thinking when I posted that. The fact of the matter is they probably just don't want to provide that kind of discount which is fine, nothing wrong with that but not wanting to wait be real, if someone didn't want to wait or save 5 bucks then they would just not participate.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Just installed my zx6r kawi light this weekend. Looks great. Need to back it up a little so the light is flush with the fender, currently sticks out an inch or so too far, and also need to set up my side mount plate. This was an incredibly easy install to do (aside from the time I stabbed myself in the thumb ... dumbass). I've got little to no mechanical or electrical skills and had no issues thanks to the info on the forum. Just wanted to say thanks to the guys who have posted up some great photos, walk throughs, and other info.

·
2,670 Posts
Ronin said:
Just installed my zx6r kawi light this weekend. Looks great. Need to back it up a little so the light is flush with the fender, currently sticks out an inch or so too far, and also need to set up my side mount plate. This was an incredibly easy install to do (aside from the time I stabbed myself in the thumb ... dumbass). I've got little to no mechanical or electrical skills and had no issues thanks to the info on the forum. Just wanted to say thanks to the guys who have posted up some great photos, walk throughs, and other info.
good deal man. The way i flushed mine up was i went to Lowes and bought some longer bolts and some 1" stainless steel tubes to act as spacers. work perfectly.

·
Registered
354 Posts
skwerlee said:
Ronin said:
good deal man. The way i flushed mine up was i went to Lowes and bought some longer bolts and some 1" stainless steel tubes to act as spacers. work perfectly.
Thats my plan as well, except I went to Home Depot for my bolts and spacer.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I installed the Kawa R6 a week ago ... already 2 strips of LEDS are out. But I knew it would happen even before installing. Just did it for the kick while waiting for my Custom Led Integrated Light to be delivered.

·
2,670 Posts
Frag said:
I installed the Kawa R6 a week ago ... already 2 strips of LEDS are out. But I knew it would happen even before installing. Just did it for the kick while waiting for my Custom Led Integrated Light to be delivered.
Yeah I have a new Kawi light sitting in the garage that I originally had intended to use to replace my defective one. Now that I know they're all crap I'm not even gonna bother with it. Just gonna go with the Custom LED.

·
Registered
471 Posts
skwerlee said:
Frag said:
Yeah I have a new Kawi light sitting in the garage that I originally had intended to use to replace my defective one. Now that I know they're all crap I'm not even gonna bother with it. Just gonna go with the Custom LED.
The new Custom Led is on its way ... I will install it as soon as I receive it. I will keep you updated skwerlee...

·
Registered
906 Posts
Dug up a two year old thread and want cliff notes?

Pretty sure everyone else will have to read through it again just to provide the notes! Good luck with that!

·
Registered
3,133 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
I ordered a Kawi light on ebay and when it arrived, the lens was not glued to the rest of the light. I called and asked if this was normal or if it was supposed to be one solid piece. The girl on the phone said that it was supposed to be one solid piece. They sent me a different one and I received it today, same deal. Is this normal, that the lens pops off or is it supposed to be one solid piece? I don't want to call and have them send a third one if they are all like this.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I ordered a Kawi light on ebay and when it arrived, the lens was not glued to the rest of the light. I called and asked if this was normal or if it was supposed to be one solid piece. The girl on the phone said that it was supposed to be one solid piece. They sent me a different one and I received it today, same deal. Is this normal, that the lens pops off or is it supposed to be one solid piece? I don't want to call and have them send a third one if they are all like this.
Does anybody know if that is normal of if it's crap lights from China. The company that sells them is in Canada.

·
2,670 Posts
Does anybody know if that is normal of if it's crap lights from China. The company that sells them is in Canada.
As many on here have stated numerous times...all those cheap lights are just that. If you want a quality light that will last the life of the bike go with the Custom LED one I've linked above.

241 - 259 of 259 Posts